IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
I can’t find a way to make a text I need helpies. I’m trying to find ways my mommy can breastfeed me but I can’t find answers online and it won’t let me make my own chat questions only replying to other people’s stuff. I was wondering if u could tell me how she can produce milk since some people have been doing it for years?
She’ll have to be stimulated multiple times a day, either by another person or by machine (pumping). Pumping is easier, and lets you multitask on other stationary things if needed, but can’t be skipped. Routine is important. That means if she works a job out of the house then this may not actually be achievable for her right now. It’s a lot of dedication.

I feel like every breastmilk producing person can benefit from a good automatic/machine pump as well as a manual pump and scheduled routine. I’d suggest you two invest in these items.

Personally, I found that initially it's most helpful to schedule myself out a little pumping routine. I, generally, prefer a decent automatic breastpump so my hands don't get so tired of doing the same motion to try to draw milk, and my partners can maintain their career without frequent interruption.
So, initially, I like to pump for about 15-20 minutes (each breast) every 2-3 hours. Once milk is being expelled each pumping session then I can extend it to every 4-5 hours, but I feel that if I go long than that then there is a pretty uncomfortable fullness that accompanies it and milk produce definitely reduces a bit.

I feel like even with a partner then 3-4 hour range is probably most ideal for expelling the milk, and that expelling until empty (until no more milk present) is pretty important for the body to get the appropriate signals. I also find that letdown is achieved best the more relaxed I am.

Be aware that even missing one emptying session in the beginning can cause milk supply to plummet. She has to really be dedicated and willing to sacrifice a lot just to stay home and pump throughout every day. Usually, it takes most people 4-6 weeks of this to start making a little milk. Some people take longer than others though, of course.

Pumps:
Medela Pump in Style Advanced Double Breastpump
I think this is one of the most common breastpumps on the market outside of clinical models that are set-up in hospitals. I think most women opt for this one. I know it's pretty portable and easy to use. I've known a couple of previous coworkers who used the Medela PIS and really liked it. I feel like it was a little on the loud side (I could hear it from the office mother's room when I was outside of it) but I'd say one would get use to it.

Spectra Baby USA S2
I really think this pump is pretty decent. I've used it myself and have pretty much no complaints on it. I think the S1 model is more portable since it has a rechargeable battery and doesn't need an outlet. They look, generally, like the same models with same base functionality to me. My experience was positive, it worked well as a single or double breast pump and did okay with mimicking natural suction, I think. It was comfortable. I'd recommend it.

There is also the Ameda branding that I believe has good reviews but I've not tried it.

I'd say that if you can find something hospital grade then that would be your breast friend in the situation of beginning production.

There are also lactation supplements that can be tried. They don’t work for everyone, and she should be aware that often it’s that something either works really great and more milk is produced or it works very negatively and you have to recover the milk supply after stopping it.

I know that there are a few supplements that nursing mothers are often encouraged to take by lactation consultants (along with staples like staying hydrated, nourished, and well-rested). They aren't to magically induce lactation out of nowhere with no consistent stimulation, but supposedly they can help increase supply and may make it easier for a person to produce enough breastmilk to expel.

The main idea is that there are some foods, herbs, and general supplements that are classified galactagogues. Googling that word alone will bring you up a number of resources and suggestions. Generally speaking though, she needs to check in with her doctor or a lactation consultant, at least, to discuss what is safe for her to be taking. Many of these alter hormonal balances and interfere with other medications.

You can look up things like adult nursing relationships online and find quite a bit of instruction. Everything really comes down to regular, frequent stimulation though. Many dedicated weeks of that will pay off for most couples. For many, dry nursing (suckling but no milk is produced) will just have to do if they’re unable to dedicate their time to it.

Best of luck
Potty training potties

I am not an old enough babygirl yet,to even think […]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]

Lost Little

Hii :hi: :hi: :hi: Congratulations on discover[…]

I think it will always be a difficult subject, but[…]

Being permanently regressed would be literally imp[…]