IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
I am fully aware that this site was designed for littles and caregivers. I do not mean to imply the ambiguation of 'olders' vs 'youngers'. However, given the linear nature of transitions between spaces, it is apparent that our discernment is linear. If it must be linear, as open-minded and progressive peoples, we should entertain that there should be a discerning name for the classifications of dominant states since the linear nature of transitions could begin and end differently depending on the individual. The following examplifies this theory of dominant mental age origination. To note, the following does not address an innate and firm predominant state, which I believe is individually conditional only to ones surroundings which may or may not be habitually reinforced, and is thereby only a temporary reflection of habitual reactions to external stimuli and not a definite absolute of intrinsic composure. i consider both of the following as valid examples of little transition state types, only depending on dominant mental space origination:

• older---> regression ---> younger (littlespace) ---> progression ---> older •
• younger (littlespace) --> regression ---> older ---> progression ---> younger (littlespace) •

It is said in the post 'Mental Capabilities of Littles' that, "Some people experience this regression more consistently than others ... ". Thereby that distinguishment of littlespace frequency does suggest that there are two primary discernments of dominant mental age variables of originating state changes.
• The linear flow chart above that begins with younger would naturally be the state change flow for those who are predominately regressive (littlespace) with periodic Progression triggers.
• The linear flow chart above that begins with older would naturally be the state change flow for those who are predominately progressive (adultspace) with periodic Regression triggers.

If I may suggest, or am even in novel right, I would like to name the two classifications by their state change / triggers. However, this is not fair nor my place, so if it is agreed that the significance between the two discernemtns is important enough, I propose a vote to name them since the naming convention could be arguable whether based on progressive or regressive state of the two types.
____Naming convention based on state changes FROM their dominant mental age:
• "Progressive Littles" is fitting for those who are generally little the majority of the time and Progress (thereby Progressive) to a more adult mentality.
• "Regressive Littles" is fitting for those who are generally more adult or mature the majority of the time and Regress (thereby Regressive) to a more childish mentality.
____Naming convention based on state changes TO/OF their dominant mental age:
• "Regressed Littles" is fitting for those who are generally little (thereby Regressed) the majority of the time and progress to a more adult mentality.
• "Progressed Littles" is fitting for those who are generally more adult or mature (thereby Progressed) the majority of the time and regress to a more childish mentality.
Either naming convention works equally, but my personal vote would be for the -ive suffixes versus the -ed suffixes.

My inspiration for distinguishment was from the word "relaxes" in the post 'What is Littlespace'. Don't ask lol, it was a long journey, but I'm glad it ended up with something I see as proactive and progressive.

Please feel free to copy, replicate, share, comment, or discuss. I look forward to hearing what people think or if this has already been a widely established definition between types.

Positive Affirmations!
I think that there may be a little bit of a misunderstanding, but the thought put into community is appreciated. I’d like to clear up some things you’re referencing, and say that I feel some things were accidentally misinterpreted.

Littles are always little. Regression (aka “littlespace”) is the external expression of their feelings, mood, and nature of interests in younger-defined actions, reactions, and preferences. It is a personality trait meaning that it is always present even if being restricted.

Some littles restrict or buffer their atypical expressions (“littlespace”/“regression”) much more than others. This is not necessarily due to their regressive age or even desire to do so, but is likely commonly due to any number of uncontrollable factors such as:
  • Schooling
  • Careers / employment
  • Home environment / household members
  • Public / group situations (such as a family get-together or a court hearing)
Littles are trained during natural maturation to hold back on the display of many self expressions deemed regressive (not socially expected based on chronological age). This skill is learned to help meet societal expectations and the capability to interact and bond with other adults. When it’s said that a little “relaxes” into their state of regression it’s meaning that they stop or reduce the amount of control they’re exhibiting over their atypical personality inclinations.

All littles should be maintaining this social skill by recognizing situations where certain desires of self-expression are not appropriate. Being a little is not a mental health disorder so it should not interfere with one’s daily life or be out of one’s control in being able to buffer as to not be unacceptable or harmful.

No little is a replica of a child. No little is going to express as a child at all times, in all moments. All littles have had years of training to meet norms. All littles have social skills that help them to determine situational appropriateness.

Separating into different groups based on one’s capability to express a certain personality trait can be harmful in community growth. Littles are not defined by the amount of expression they are able to regularly carry out.

A little who works a career, is partnered, is the primary financial provider in their household, and has children to raise is just as little as a little who doesn’t have any of these responsibilities and obligations. It isn’t their “fault” that they must use their capabilities to scale their regression expressions more than another little, and it isn’t a bad or shameful thing that they may only get the opportunity to “relax” and reduce their conscious buffering infrequently.

A little who is going through hardship or a period of depression may not find it acceptable to “relax” into externalizing their regressive traits like they do when they’re under less stress. They are still equally as when they felt more comfortable expressing their childlike similarities at all socially acceptable opportunities.

My first reaction here is to feel like further separation is actually a very counterproductive, even harmful, thing for us as community at this point since we have made little to no progress with resolving some major community misunderstandings, stigmas, inaccuracies, and public acceptance of us as a people group versus BeDeeSeM kink/adult interest/physically intimate scene play.
• older---> regression ---> younger (littlespace) ---> progression ---> older •
• younger (littlespace) --> progression ---> older ---> regression ---> younger (littlespace) •

i had forgot to mix up the progression / regression terms for the second line.
wish we could edit these. if any admin wants to edit the original and delete this reply i'm cool with that.
admin wrote: 3 years ago "Littles are always little. Regression (aka “littlespace”) is the external expression of their feelings, mood, and nature of interests in younger-defined actions, reactions, and preferences. It is a personality trait meaning that it is always present even if being restricted."
- i agree, my theory is simply denoting the 'apparent' state changes between "buffering" or "adulting" or "older mindspace".
admin wrote: 3 years ago Some littles restrict or buffer their atypical expressions (“littlespace”/“regression”) much more than others. This is not necessarily due to their regressive age or even desire to do so, but is likely commonly due to any number of uncontrollable factors such as:
  • Schooling
  • Careers / employment
  • Home environment / household members
  • Public / group situations (such as a family get-together or a court hearing)
- i started off making sure to state that my labels or terms weren't calling out people as less than little and i did state that i seen the following 2 examples as equally valid.
admin wrote: 3 years ago So, by you’re suggestion you feel that two defined groups of littles should exist by separating littles who Separating into different groups based on one’s capability to express a certain personality trait can be harmful in community growth. Littles are not defined by the amount of expression they are able to regularly carry out.
- no, my intention or terminology never once mentioned discernment as a measurement of capability at all. capability is equal in both flow charts, as they both go between the same "buffers" and "spaces". it was clearly said that the only factor for discernment was the predominate origination of state before "buffering" / 'state changes'. Buffering being the word i'll use hereforth. i assure you my discernment in application of labels was not in regards to segregation. However, I cannot control any others impulse negotiation of the terms inferred meaning, but i understand your concern of that possibility and the easily misinterpretted inferrment of such segregation. It was never my intent or I would have articulated it as such.

admin wrote: 3 years ago My first reaction here is to feel like further separation is actually a very counterproductive, even harmful, thing for us as community at this point since we have made little to no progress with resolving some major community misunderstandings, stigmas, inaccuracies, and public acceptance of us as a people group versus BeDeeSeM kink/adult interest/physically intimate scene play.
- i agree. it's obvious the pink monkey experiement is most likely always going to turn out the same. it's not with me though. i just want everyone to know that i don't care who is different and this is the last place on earth i was intend to cause dissention through communal knowledge. i spent a lot of effort writing that and i would not have done so if i had thought it would offend someone or make someone feel less than their peer, which is why i signified that both discernments were equal and valid.

Also, I've never been able to experience a positive littlespace with others yet, so trust me that i didn't mean to infer that those who buffer more are any less little or any less deserving of being who they are.. because i'm the same as them, which is why i mentioned my initial struggling with the word 'relaxing'. however, i don't argue it starts as relaxing. i fully agree. and that's why i skipped explaining it.

"Positive Affirmations"
remove predominate with dominate from my last reply. i would love to be able to edit things lol. the same differentiation between dominate and predominate is extremely important in the original post as well, because i mean dominate as the majorally defaulted buffer, vs the majorally apparent 'littlespace' and predominate was simply put in to say that i wasn't saying that whatever the dominate apparent is, doesn't necessarily have to be unchangable or finite in ones composure.. meaning of course i agree that littles can change between buffering more or buffering less. that's it.
honestly i don't see anything challenging or disciminating or belittling of any one in the original post. im glad you cleared it up though, but no, that was never my wording or intension, despite the habbit of people to react badly to change or change in identifying unique qualities within a community. im here for community. i want to contribute, not tear it down or have my contributions be the focus of dissention, within this community.
" I do not mean to imply the ambiguation of 'olders' vs 'youngers'."

meaning, i do not mean to make anyone feel like they're not a little because of their default degree of "buffering".

all i wanted to do is present the differentiation between state change types between "buffers" (i won't use the term 'state changes' anymore i'll use the word buffers, because you're right, littles are a constant and that was my confusion or over-sight or miscommunication).

however, i do acknowledge the fact that not everyone who thinks they are a little is a little and even the site agrees with that. i didn't try to be a bad guy. im just noticing that linear changes between buffering and non-buffering means that their is a default origination and that it can start with littlespace or it can start with non-littlespace, equally so... i don't think that is offensive. i just think it's importantly obvious.
Hello, Littlehorn!

We appreciate the thought that you gave to this topic! We understand the desire to appropriately label oneself as to be able to effectively communicate one's identity with recognized expressions. We are extremely happy identifying as Age Regressors within the Caregiver/Little community with the Adult Baby classification.

We think that you're describing and using Regression incorrectly. You treat it in your model as the transition that leads to Littlespace, when in reality the concepts of Regression and Littlespace are analogous.

If we're understanding your premise correctly, you're using Regression as a linear process between a non-regressed and regressed state. We also feel that the linearity you're referencing would be better used to describe the depth of someone's immersion, as opposed to an intermediate state of change. Events that trigger a Little to come in and out of Littlespace can be either gradual or immediate. Event occurrences are not required.

Your model also seems to suggest that both regressed and non-regressed states of mind are mutually exclusive and must be achieved through a catalytic event. We must disagree, as we ourselves identify as having a Little personality type, and are constantly engaged in varying degrees of Littlespace. A few examples, varying from least to most regressed:
  • Being goofy with coworkers during work hours. For example, making quick, harmless jokes or making silly remarks about our tasks.
  • Driving with happy music on, babbling the lyrics off the top of our lungs.
  • Becoming fully immersed in a children's cartoon.
  • Whining and fussing, regressed as infants for Mommy's attention.
Littlespaceonline wrote:Some people experience this regression more consistently than others
Littlehorn wrote:Thereby that distinguishment of littlespace frequency does suggest that there are two primary discernments of dominant mental age variables of originating state changes.
We think that the distinction you are making is based off of quantity, not regarding quality (using quality as a description for depth of engagement in this instance). Again, Littlespace isn't a binary state. So if we were to classify Regressive individuals by their Regression (and not by regression age), using quality as a parameter would be just as valuable. We don't agree with this separation, however, as individuals already struggle finding their place in the community (e.g.Am I a switch?).

And currently, efforts would be better focused in trying to lock down community terms and educating the community and supporters with common tools.

Feel free to reply. We love discussing CG/L!

Stay safe,
Cosmian and Novella.
CosmianAndNovella wrote: 3 years ago Hello, Littlehorn!

We appreciate the thought that you gave to this topic! We understand the desire to appropriately label oneself as to be able to effectively communicate one's identity with recognized expressions. We are extremely happy identifying as Age Regressors within the Caregiver/Little community with the Adult Baby classification.

We think that you're describing and using Regression incorrectly. You treat it in your model as the transition that leads to Littlespace, when in reality the concepts of Regression and Littlespace are analogous.

If we're understanding your premise correctly, you're using Regression as a linear process between a non-regressed and regressed state. We also feel that the linearity you're referencing would be better used to describe the depth of someone's immersion, as opposed to an intermediate state of change. Events that trigger a Little to come in and out of Littlespace can be either gradual or immediate. Event occurrences are not required.

Your model also seems to suggest that both regressed and non-regressed states of mind are mutually exclusive and must be achieved through a catalytic event. We must disagree, as we ourselves identify as having a Little personality type, and are constantly engaged in varying degrees of Littlespace. A few examples, varying from least to most regressed:
  • Being goofy with coworkers during work hours. For example, making quick, harmless jokes or making silly remarks about our tasks.
  • Driving with happy music on, babbling the lyrics off the top of our lungs.
  • Becoming fully immersed in a children's cartoon.
  • Whining and fussing, regressed as infants for Mommy's attention.
Littlespaceonline wrote:Some people experience this regression more consistently than others
Littlehorn wrote:Thereby that distinguishment of littlespace frequency does suggest that there are two primary discernments of dominant mental age variables of originating state changes.
We think that the distinction you are making is based off of quantity, not regarding quality (using quality as a description for depth of engagement in this instance). Again, Littlespace isn't a binary state. So if we were to classify Regressive individuals by their Regression (and not by regression age), using quality as a parameter would be just as valuable. We don't agree with this separation, however, as individuals already struggle finding their place in the community (e.g.Am I a switch?).

And currently, efforts would be better focused in trying to lock down community terms and educating the community and supporters with common tools.

Feel free to reply. We love discussing CG/L!

Stay safe,
Cosmian and Novella.
i like that. i have moments where i sing and whining and fussing most definitely and all sorts of things. maybe my implications are wrong and there's nothing there. thank you for describing things so well. you should write a book. im still learning, so please forgive me.
Advice on being little

Your little side is always with you! I know it's […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I'm not a con person in general but I've always wo[…]

Potty training potties

Hey, 🌸Thank you for letting me be here. I found th[…]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]

Lost Little

Hii :hi: :hi: :hi: Congratulations on discover[…]