IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
I've only recently been diagnosed with high functioning autism, although knowing what I know about it now, it seems pretty obvious. I have a bigger appointment coming up, with a more thorough diagnosis. And I agree that a lot of being little, for me, is just feeling free to be myself. :nodyes:
And I definitely agree, i have a hard time differentiating between "Am i like this because I'm a little, or because I'm Autistic." There seems to be a big overlap in between the two for me. :-?:
I wasn't officially diagnosed with autism because some of the symptoms mix up with a bunch of my other disorders but they (my family) is pretty sure I am high functioning even though sometimes it feels like I am barely functioning. I have never meet anyone else with autism especially other littles.:>.<:
Yup, add me to this too. I was diagnosed with autism as a baby in addition to ADHD, chronic anxiety, and sensory processing among other things. The main things that carry over into littlespace are my special interests/obsessions, anxiety, and sensory processing.
Aspie here. Never been officially diagnosed because it's a right pain in the neck in the UK I heard but everything matches too well to be anything else.

It sucks being so different to the point of being allienated, especially when you're still a kid but oh well... gotta play the cards we're dealt.

Not a lot of little aspies in the UK in my experience unless people don't outright admit to it.
That's cool there are (relatively) so many of us who are littles and autistic, whatever the reasons for that.

Since many people in this thread have mentioned functioning labels, you might want to know that functioning labels are very problematic & overall hated within the Autistic community, because they over-simplify autism and reduce our experiences, and stereotype and assume things about us (whether considered "high-functioning" or "low-functioning").

A relatively better term that autistics themselves came up maybe a few years ago now to replace the functioning labels is "high support needs" and "low support needs".

Regardless of what specific diagnosis or anything like that, every autistic person has things we struggle with... otherwise we wouldn't be diagnosed, or suspected to be autistic. The "functioning" stuff in terms of how functioning labels are used, mostly seems to be about how relatively able are we to mask/hide that we're autistic and make non-autistic feel a little better being around us. (Can you tell I'm bitter at them?)

Oh, in terms of the Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis... I was also diagnosed with that. But did you know Hans Asperger cooperated with the Nazis and sent so-called "low-functioning" autistic people to the Nazis to be killed?! Not enough people know that.. I didn't until maybe a handful of years ago. That term needs to just be done away with then unofficially, since it already has been rid of officially (in 2013).
Advice on being little

Your little side is always with you! I know it's […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I'm not a con person in general but I've always wo[…]

Potty training potties

Hey, 🌸Thank you for letting me be here. I found th[…]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]

Lost Little

Hii :hi: :hi: :hi: Congratulations on discover[…]