IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss styling or wearing garments like cloth or disposable diapers, pull-ups, training pants, rompers, onesies, shortalls, dresses, plastic jewelry, and more. We can also help with designing little zones in your homes. Let us help you create your new look or redecorate your space!
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics about with the community whole.

► Show more details
So today I finally got in a nice new package of padding, and I am super excited to get back into the super-super tiny headspace that padding lets me fall into! But there's an issue that I've kind of always had, and that's with putting them on. Normally, no matter what way I do it, I always end up with really, really lopsided tapes, and kind of uncomfy legs as a result. Does anyone have any tips or ideas on how to minimize this? It always detracts a little from the cute and comfy to have it on just barely not right, and I'm sure I'll get better with practice, but I'd like to hear everyone else's take on that all too.
the main answer to the question you have asked is going to vary person to person, but none the less i can provide some advice, i prefer to lay out on the floor in my bedroom or in the back seat of my jeep, i find a tighter application in this process and that usually gives the most comfortable feel to the diaper for myself, i also always fold my diaper in half lengthwise so that it cups the area with even more comfort rather then to just put it on as it is and have it feel weird between my legs, there are ways to do it standing and i prefer those for when i change in a place out side of my home as in leaning my back against the wall with the diaper in place, but this usually does not provide as tight of a fit any time i can lay out in the back seat of my car id rather do that in order to get the tight fit, the reason for having that is so the diaper can be used longer without slipping from my waist and maybe being noticeable by other people, its all going to take some time to learn, there needs to be room in the right places, but still is all about the brands used and personal preference, i do not ever recommend pull ups, most AB who have been at this a while know they dont really do the trick, stick to the type with 4 tapes, they ae the standard.
1) First, fold it in half and crease it a little so it helps create a cup as Heisenbergdl stated.
2) Lay the diaper down on the floor as flat as possible.
3) Personally, I put the powder on the diaper for areas I can't reach before laying down on it, and then some on myself.
4) In order to prevent one side from being higher up than the other, I lay down on the diaper and bring up the front as if I were going to tape it up. If one side is too high, usually the front, I lift my back and rear up to pull the back of the diaper back a bit. This evens out the distribution a bit and will even give a little more of a tight fit for the legs.
5) Again, I lay the front of the diaper down as if I was gonna tape it up, and pull both sides tight.
6) Then for each side, I put the opposite side hand on the front near where I need the tape to go. This keeps the diaper tighter around the legs and waist, to help prevent leaks.
7) Bring the tape up and pull it tight before placing it on the diaper/landing strip.
8) Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the other tape.
9) Get to your knees and see if the fit is tight and comfortable, if the sides don't feel tight, then you probably need to readjust the tapes for a tighter fit.

This is how I get diapered, and that's about the best way I can describe it. I hope this helps somewhat!
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]