IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss styling or wearing garments like cloth or disposable diapers, pull-ups, training pants, rompers, onesies, shortalls, dresses, plastic jewelry, and more. We can also help with designing little zones in your homes. Let us help you create your new look or redecorate your space!
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics about with the community whole.

► Show more details
Hi everybody!
So I've been doing some research on different brands of diapers and I've started to notice that some say "plastic backed" and some say "cloth backed" and while i kind of understand the differences, i still don't really understand how they are supposed to be "better then the other".
Can anyone tell me all the differences of these types of diapers?
Both factually speaking and also from an opinionated point of view, which do you think is better, cloth or plastic backed diapers?
A good plastic backed will be more reliable than a clothe backed of the same quality, just because plastic as a material is less likely to tear or leak through. To be really secure in a clothe backed you need to wear a pair of plastic pants as well; which is an extra cost and extra plastic-y crinckly-ness.

Now for some people crinkly-ness is a plus and helps them slip further/more easily into LittleSpace, but this is both less discrete(i.e. for wearing in public) and more likely to irritate skin in the creases of the thigh/pelvis. Clothe backed is less irritating, especially if worn without plastic pants(for instance for feel instead of use or minor use) and for me they have more of a pull-up feel and are softer for night wear.

If you want crinkly baby diapers try plastic backed, but as an older AB/BabyBoy I prefer the toddler training pants feel of clothe backed.
Plastic backed for me all the way, because that what I want... but you should really try both and do what you like.
Just get samples. It's worth it in the long run, so you don't buy a case of something that you don't love. Plus diaper testing is awesome. What are you looking for? What do you want out of a diaper? Cloth are quiet, but if you're only choosing cloth to fly under radar... I say don't, just find what you like, and you do you. If you like cloth, try them all. If you like plastic, try them all. Or until you find YOUR diaper.
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]