IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Would you rather? This or that? What's your favorite? Let's have fun!
I recently started listening to Melanie Martinez, and I'm not sure I can explain how much of a godsend her album "Crybaby" feels like to me.

I've watched the music videos and some live songs, and I loved that she was wearing AB clothes! I've actually seen some of the exact things she's worn in some of the online stores for our community!

This has made me feel better about being an Adult Baby, and it's provided a way for me to show it off in a subtle way! Or at least provided an excuse for having/wearing AB related things haha. I can just say "I'm a Melanie Martinez fan, and I really love her "Crybaby" album!" if anyone asks or gives me weird looks.

Plus, my family won't question me because when I get into something new I can dress/accessorize like/do a related cosplay for (such as wearing Warpaint like the band Black Veil Brides, or having aqua/light blue tops with a black and white "A" in a circle logo thing and black bottoms for the band The Aquabats!, etc), I tend to do it (sometimes overdo it a bit) with pride!

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way (though I can't possibly be the only one), but if you do, that makes it even better!

Now, I'm off to find (or make) some accessories and perfect my "I like Melanie Martinez" excuse! Hope everyone has a great day and a nice warm bottle!
I've never heard of Melanie Martinez before, but I looked up a few videos on Youtube and really like the few that I listened to so far! Her outfits are so adorable too, I see so many cute ideas for things I want to do (mostly with my hair though lol). Maybe time to save up and get some cute outfits!
I've never listened to her music but I love her merchandise. I got a pack of earrings that look like pacifiers and they are so cute. I have no idea where I put them, but if I did then I would post a picture of them. She is a godsend for if you wanna be discreet.
Crybaby is my Favorite!!!!
Melanie Martinez is a little too an she so cute an when i saw her in concert her set was like a nursery and all da band musicians were dressed in animal costumes and it was so cute!! An all her songs are titled after little things too, like Sippy Cup and Dollhouse.
:heart: :heart:
@LittleBabu Wait, she's a Little? She's actually admitted this? Where?! When?! I mean, I know all the songs on the album (obviously XD), but I didn't know she was actually a little! I thought she just had an idea to touch on childhood or something...
She's never actually admitted it, but she collects dolls and her apartment is decorated like a nursery. its actually more an assumption than anything. She's also discussed how the Crybaby character is a child, and I'm pretty sure she's also said that Crybaby is a part of her so
@LittleBabu I actually read her take on the album, it's pretty much combining adult issues with "innocent" sounding names. Her specific words:
It's called Cry Baby, and it's basically a story throughout—from the beginning to the end. It's about this girl, Cry Baby's life and things that she goes through and how she evolves as a person. She's a little girl, so everything is very childhood-themed, but it's very dark and mature. When I wrote it, I got into this thing where I think about titles that remind me of little kid things like, "Milk and Cookies," "Dollhouse," and "Carousel," and then I'd relate it to a situation that I was going through. So the actual story and core of the song is dark and relevant to adults, but the titles and references are all little kid-based, so it's that contrast.
(found here)

But collecting dolls doesn't mean someone is into this community, I've met several doll collectors in my life of all ages and genders (I even collected some porcelain dolls when I was about 7/8), and not one was into it (to my knowledge, but I'm sure the young kids weren't into it).

The only thing I can possibly see as "evidence" would be the nursery themed home, but that could've been done to get into the mindset for writing the album, recording, music video shoots, photoshoots, touring, etc. Being imersed in the theme of something you're gonna do can really help prepare you for it. I've heard of actors/actresses actually living lives similar to the ones of characters they were going to play. It could be that, but we'll never know for sure unless she straight up admits to it XD
Oh my yes! I adore Melanie Martinez!! I actually have a story behind it. So I was once a switch mommy to my little who absolutely adored Melanie. I was always curious so one day I asked her about it and she asked me to listen to her songs. Needless to say the next day I was completely hooked and I now know the entire album by heart
i loooove crybaby, it's so iconic to the little community, and even though a lot of non-cgl people see her as 'weird',i think her aesthetic and music style actually appeals to a lot of mainstream people so it's great to have someone representing our lifestyle to them in a non-negative way!
personally my favourite song is alphabet boy, but it's really hard to pick. crybaby is a really relatable song, and training wheels has such a soft, unique melody...
which is why it SUCKS that she's been accused of physically intimate assault. our one most iconic mainstream artist is now looking like the 'weirdo' that a lot of people said she was before :'(
Yeah, she was recently accused of assault, and a lot of people jumped on her for it. But a lot of the accusations were really fishy, so I took a generally neutral stance on it.
I'm not going to call the victim a liar, but I'm not going to claim melanie assaulted her and bash her as a person when no one outside of those two really knows what happened.
I enjoy her music anyway *shrugs*. It's really nice when I'm feeling big but want just a taste of little :3
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]