IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
Hi everyone! Been a while since i posted here lol, but i was hoping for some advice. See i got into a newish relationship a month ago (we were best friends beforehand) well we were talking and he said he didn't approve of littlespace and that he found it weird. (Granted he said this before we got into a more serious relationship) but now were talking about moving in together and he calls himself daddy and me his baby which has been really confusing. Idk what to say or do and ive been scared to be little around him as well. :what:
It’s still early in the relationship, and people do change their minds over time, so this is probably a really good time to gently bring up the topic and ask how he feels about Littles. It sounds like you two have progressed so it’s very possible he’s opening his mind about the community as well as finding he has a place.

I’d prepare beforehand a few resources you agree with to cite and link him to if he says he’s confused or wants to learn more. He already has a positive connection with you so he’s more likely to be open to learning about the community. I’d open the subject gently by telling him how much you’ve been enjoying how your relationship is growing, but would like to ask just one or two questions. I’d let him know that I’ve noticed he’s getting more comfortable with being called Daddy and that you’d like to know how he feels about Littles. This is where preparing will have come in handy in case he simply doesn’t understand what you mean or says he’s very confused.

Although, it’s possible that he simply wants to engage as a Daddy, you as his little, in some unspoken, fluid terms where you both are just enjoying the moment without the weight of labels to confine you into a set role. Labels can almost be clinical and restrictive at times. Try to be open to this possibility too if he says he’d rather not talk much directly about it and would rather just enjoy the time with you, however that transpires. Sometimes you just don’t need the labels, and there’s no harm in just happily doing as you two do without having some side agreement that he will be X and you will be Y.
I get the very vague sense that what you're saying is he's engaging more with the daddy dom/ baby girl kink, rather than the broader caregiver little relationship style (that may or may not involve kink). More of a teasing, naughty nudge nudge wink wink approach to age play than a "lets do full age regression and actually talk about our feelings about it". Being a newbie who slid into this community initially from that sort of kink space, I think that's fairly common, though not all DD/BG people will slide into a broader CGL. Age regression is a super emotionally charged topic, and poking at it in a more teasing twisty way can feel less committal than putting a big scary label on whats actually going on.

I think the suggestion to have some resources and links available for the next conversation is a great one. I think you do need to actually talk about this before committing to moving in together. Littlespace time I'll assume is something non-negotiable in your life, so the question is where and when it's going to happen and I'd argue that's how you need to approach the conversation. You should feel comfortable in your own home to regress. If he's open to it, he might be involved in that regression. Maybe he's curious and could be around for a drop or two and decide if he'll enjoy being involved in the future? Otherwise, maybe you could negotiate some private little time when he's out with friends or whatever (at least post pandemic)? Or maybe you even need to have the poly conversation and you'd have a separate caregiver?
hi! :hi:

i think it's possible that his feelings towards littles are changing and you should ask him about that. he might be trying to get into the role a bit more.

but i also think it might just be a sex thing? there's plenty of guys who like being called daddy in bed but wouldn't be at all interested in taking on a caregiver role.

either way i think it's super important that you express this to him! especially if you're afraid of being little around him and you're considering moving in together!

good luck ! :bye: :pheart:
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]