IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
By TeddySamurai
I wrote about the CGL community for my sociology final. I couldn't go very in depth without going way over the word limit, but here it is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I chose to do a subculture project on the CG/L (caregiver/little) community. I find that while this community is quite different from society at large, it often moves towards the same goals. Particularly love, acceptance, and healthy relationships.
• CG/L is a romantic relationship dynamic where one partner takes on a nurturing, protective role and the other takes on an innocent, almost childlike role. Everyone involved in a CG/L dynamic is a consenting adult.
• While the CG/L community has many nuanced types of people, they fall into two overarching categories: caregivers (sometimes referred to as bigs or CGs) and littles. People who flip between caregiver and little also exist and are known as switches.
• The CG/L community generally follows society’s values, advocating healthy and wholesome relationships, but accept some things society often has trouble accepting; such as polyamory or gender nonconformity. Luckily, in my case, they are very accepting of monogamy as well.

Here are some things I’ve observed about language in the CG/L community
• Littles experience some form of age regression. Thus, they have a “little age” or range they tend to regress to alongside their biological age. This varies from person to person.
• A state of deep regression is often referred to as “littlespace”
• Caregivers often give their little partner cute pet names.
• Littles often have names for their caregiver as well. For example, one of my friends calls her caregiver “daddy”. Everyone involved in a CG/L dynamic is unrelated.

Regardless of culture, food seems to always bring people together and sometimes forges bonds between communities.
• Stereotypical kid foods, dinosaur nuggets for example, are very popular in the CG/L community.
• Caregivers often make food for their little, and some littles also make food for their caregiver. In fact, I made friends with a caregiver in this community partially because of our mutual cooking interest.
• Some littles who regress to a very young age have made “bottle recipes”

Many people have meaningful symbols and possessions they hold dear that have to do with their subcultures. The CG/L community is no different.
• The community has a pride symbol. Many products exist with this symbol; pins, bags, bracelets, I’ve even heard of someone having a pride symbol tattoo.
• Littles often have things like stuffed animal friends (sometimes called “stuffies”), blankets, and various other things that help them regress depending on their little age.
• Some of these items are comfort objects for things like anxiety, depression, and/or PTSD.
• Since rules are often part of the CG/L dynamic, so are penalties for violating said rules. It’s considered unacceptable for a caregiver to take away a comfort object as punishment.

Since this romantic relationship dynamic is different than an everyday “vanilla” romantic dynamic, one might wonder what sort of activities people in the CG/L community like to do. Regular couple things are very prevalent, but some other activities include
• Local community gatherings, known as munches, happen regularly to make friends in the subculture since unity is something practically every culture desires.
• There are also annual conventions in larger areas
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]