IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
So I have been struggling with self-harm for 9 years, and with the stresses of growing up, it has only gotten worse. Being in Little Space helps sometimes,but other times I end up cutting into my arms, leaving scars.

I also struggle with suicidal ideation, BPD, schizophrenia, and major depression and anxiety. And it affects how I interact with people on a daily basis. So i struggle to make friends and keep them. This site has helped a lot, but how can I do that off the computer?
It sounds like you could probably really benefit from psychological treatment, even if all of that means if a good personal outlet for you to speak one on one with somebody who can sit back and see things from a neutral perspective. A good therapist is hard to find so if you've been seeing someone and you feel like you aren't improving then it isn't "your fault". Sometimes they are very hard to find. Sometimes you have to switch therapists a few times to find your right fit. The good news is that the do exist though! If the first 5 didn't seem to help then there is no reason to give up with seeking the right person to help you. You haven't gone through all of the therapists yet. You haven't tried all of the medication, I'm sure. You may have not even discussed all of your troubles yet!

A good therapist knows local resources and arrangements to encourage you to interact with others in healthy ways. Sometimes they may recommend things like giving back to the community through volunteer efforts. Sometimes they suggest you join certain groups (not just support groups but those are common) to help fulfill needs you have that you struggle to cope with feeling and to help keep you mentally accounted for in those situations. Even by joining a support group you may gain long-lasting friendships with people who understand your struggles or you may even be paired with someone specifically to help you in those heated moments. A local therapist is going to know your area much better than most people on this forum though and I do hope you use them as a resource. Don't be afraid to ask them about local support groups, activities, or people you can interact with that will be able to connect with you so that you can build friendships with like-minded individuals.

LittleRae wrote: 7 years agoI also struggle with suicidal ideation,...

Please know that we do not permit discussion of suicidal ideation. I am not saying that you are looking to discuss that here. I am just trying to help you along in pointing you in the right directions when those moments come up for you so you remain compliant with our rules. I can suggest Suicide Forum as a good online helping ground for those thoughts, and have personally contacted their site administrator regarding the acceptance of people in our community. We are welcome there and they support your choice to discuss end-of-life thoughts but also encourage healthy habits and mindsets.

Additional to that, the numbers on our hotline list were gathered together because they are discreet and very respectful with things you may choose to reveal about yourself when reaching out in any moments you may feel you are not safe:

http://littlespaceonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7060

We are just not intended to be a suicide resource or crisis intervention for mental health issues and I want to make that clear. A lot of members here suffer from your exact same issues and, because of that, I feel like it's a good time to point you to helpful resources too. We wouldn't want anyone to feel like they are all alone in case other members here are struggling with the same needs and don't know how to advise you properly. :) We care about you!

I wish you well and hope that you get the help you need to overcome these personal battles.

I would like to, but I can only buy them when I'm […]

Date cgl site help

That does not seem to work either, I'm afraid. Alt[…]

Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]