IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
By TinybookBug
So i'm a little and I've been feeling really guilty and ashamed about it lately. Maybe someone can offer some advice that can help me sort through these feelings but they are a bit complicated.
Just for curtousy sake I'm going to be vague here, but a family member was a victim of abuse as a small child then when they grew a bit older became an abuser of another of my young family members. When I found out I felt ashamed of my little side and tried ignore it, but as it's how I destress, I soon realized that wasn't really going to fly. So now I'm back to slowly indulging in my little self but there is an underlying guilt and shame about it. Rationally I know the two things aren't connected but it's just there in the back of my head. Any advice? Sorry this was so long.
From my perspective - and only from the picture you've painted here - you want to enjoy your little side while at the same time feeling for those family members who were little and were abused. In your head, your brain has established a connection and feeling of guilt that you can be happy and you can find a sense of stress relief, while for your other family members being little was probably not as relaxing and not (always/ever) a source of stress relief.

That's not unusual, and in my informal background in psychology (a Bachelor's, but no further) it makes sense. What I would suggest trying to come to terms with is what happened. Your family members were abused. Were you aware of it? Was there something you could have done to stop it? If it is still continuing, is there something you can do to put a stop to it? If the answer to the latter two is yes, then you need to decide if that's the right course of action for you to take. If it's not something you have any control of, or the abuse has stopped, then looking inside yourself and realizing that you are not the giver or the recipient of abuse, and your being little is a very personal exploration of your own space and what helps you unwind.

If you have the means to do so, having a discussion of these issues with a psychologist or a counselor - one who can listen impartially to details and holds them in confidence - may be the most effective option here. You may be able to come to terms both with the abuse and with your own desire to be little, and help yourself feel more at ease with both.
By TinybookBug
Thank you! I think just talking about it and really acknowledging that there was really nothing I could have done to prevent what happened has been helping and that the two things have no relation to each other. I have been recently spending more time with the young family member who was hurt and I think It brought up some uncomfortable feelings. For the peace of mind of any who read this, the incidents were swiftly put a stop to when discovered and the responsible party dealt with properly.
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]