IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
So for the past week, I've had a terrible cold. I've taken care of myself by staying in bed and such, but the lack of activity has made me feel anxious, like i'm missing opprutunities, or making me feel weak and inferior because my body got sicky. Am I the only one where when i get sick, it doesnt affect me physically but mentally as well? And if not, what do you do to keep from falling even deeper into the pit??
I would advise to do things that make you happy to take your mind off things. Find a tv show that you like to watch, play videogames, spend time with family, etc.

It can feel that way for a lot of us like we are missing something. When I was in college, I would try to study for tests in my dorm room and would find it hard to study when I felt like everyone else was out having a good time going downtown while I was in my room studying.

Spend time with those that care about you with family and friends. Being in the presence of other people definitely helps and get them to do fun things with you too!

Now, of course if you are sick then I would say to talk on the phone with people or text and find activities at home that take your mind off things like a puzzle or reading.

I hope this helps
Being ill is a drain on you physically, and it does take its toll mentally too. I mean, for me I know that when I come down all viral my mood does drop and I feel really low. It is much more common than you may think. From a medical point of view, there isn't any reason to need to stay in bed if you have a cold. Being up and about can actually help your recovery and it helps your mood too. When you've got a cold or a bit of a bug, you can feel low anyway. Then a lack of activity creates boredom and makes you feel even worse and makes you feel like you're missing out on the world. When you're ill, you may not be able to do as much as normal but like I said you don't need to stay in bed. Just take things at your own pace, slow down a bit - but don't completely stop. Don't stay in bed all day, keep to some sort of getting up/washing/having meals routine, see if you can come in contact with a little bit of daylight even if it's just going to post a letter or buying a pint of milk. Watch some TV, do a puzzle, chat to friends online, bake a cake, clean the fluff out from between your toes, do some cleaning. It makes the world of difference, believe me.
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]