IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
By daddyandme
So, I'm just going to jump right into this

I need help

I have severe anxiety, depression, and I'm bipolar and I am having trouble balancing everything out in my life...
I've been through a lot in my life and I'm looking for help with coping with all of these things... up to this point I've been pushing them down and daddy is trying to help me get through it and I have decided its time for me to start fixing myself....

I guess I'm really just looking for help with coping and balancing everything, like tips and tricks I guess... I don't really know where to start looking for help or even trying to fix myself...

its putting a strain on my relationship with daddy and I, he's not leaving me ever (we are married) and he's willing to listen but more and more I find myself wanting to be more and more quiet... this morning I couldn't convince myself to get out of bed no matter how hard I internally screamed at myself...

I just... am looking for people who have gone through this or are going through this to see who can help... thank you everyone

~Lily
I have both depression and bipolar disorder. I know exactly how you feel.

The best thing I ever did was see a psychologist (medical doctor), but before I did that, I had different ways of coping with the ever present pain and mental difficulty. For starters, getting yourself a journal is very helpful. I found that journaling my thoughts helped me put the pieces together in my head better. Also helpful is a concept called "Morning pages" which my therapist recommended to me. http://lifehacker.com/write-morning-pag ... 1623157620 . Basically, the concept is to just...write stream of consciousness thoughts onto paper to get them out of your head. Don't think, just keep writing until it's all out and you can be productive again.
Speaking of productivity. For me, the most important thing is keeping myself busy with something. Either I go to work and do a good job, or I write, or I draw and journal, or I do something (even playing video games). Just get your hands moving so that you can focus on something besides the pain.
Another way to cope is to avoid "negative self talk." http://psychcentral.com/lib/challenging ... self-talk/ . For me, my self talk was absolutely horrible. I was constantly putting myself down. But, you may not know it, but being bipolar and depressed? Your brain is actually telling you lies because it is exaggerating your negative qualities. While I was off my pills recently, I constantly had to second guess myself and challenge my negative self perceptions. I couldn't let my head say something I couldn't agree with.

Also, that thing where you couldn't get out of bed? That's the depression. You become physically depressed and can't move. There are times where I'd just flop on the floor and I couldn't get up. You get it right? That's not something you can control. Your nervous system is literally too shocked to allow you to control your body.

A psychologist put me on a battery of medications that really helped me. I am on two mood stabilizers and one antidepressant. Be very careful though, because if you take antidepressants while bipolar you have a high chance of having a manic episode. This can be very dangerous. No job? No insurance? Try getting medicaid. Obamacare was good for something!

Most of all, just try to stay positive as much as possible. It really sucks being handicapped doesn't it? Just keep trying. It's all we can do.
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]