IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
Hello!

There is an online CG/L webstore that sells onesies, among other items. What is interesting/weird for us is that the models they use to advertise their onesies are wearing them, but, without diapers underneath.

This feels not correct for us. Onesies are supposed to be worn over diapers, to keep diapers snug and secure, and for younger little ones to prevent the shirt from riding up the tummy. Wearing onesies, or any attire, for the sake of looking like a little does not make sense to us.

We mean, why would somebody wear a onesie without a diaper? In what way does the user benefit from it? Would they fee in any way smaller while wearing an attire that does not make sense to wear?

Littlespace, to us, should be a lifestyle. Part of the lifestyle does indeed include having attire to suit how you feel best reflect who you are. But onesies are a garment that have a purpose, and do not exist solely for looks. In this case, appearing like a baby does not at all add benefit to the lifestyle, and we feel it is in some sort damaging to the community, as it gives the idea that looks are more important than the underlying reasons that ageplay exists for.

We guess we just do not understand the appeal.

For those of you who have seen this, or have onesies and such, what are your opinions?
It may simply be not all littles wear diapers. Little space is different for everyone. Or maybe they just can't get diapers or they dont feel as comfortable bringing them into their homes. A onesie is a lot easier to explain than diapers. Plus little space isn't the lifestyle for everyone. I personally don't see how this would hurt the community. But I'm also content to let others do what makes them happy.
By OOm
I think the point Azure&Vanilla is making is that wearing a onesie but not a diaper doesn't make sense to someone's little age seeming genuine and actually identifiable to be understood well. Kids that wear onesies are really young, considered babies, who are certainly still in diapers. You wouldn't put a kid in a onesie who is potty training or even potty trained because it would be too much to ask that they unsnap them quickly and hold the onesie up well while on the toilet. Even an adult can struggle with unsnapping these things in time! So it's like claiming two very different little age types at the exact same time, which doesn't exactly mesh up well as making sense.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to look young, naive, innocent, and sweet in ways that we think of a little wanting to dress but are not into being treated as if they were younger. I'm not sure what community those people actually belong within but it would be easy for them to accidentally identify themselves as a little since it's how they want to visually look. Like, maybe they think onesies or bodysuits are extremely cute or sexy on an adult and after a few Google results they fall into believing they must be a little since they think onesies are super cute as a part of fashion or visual appeal.
If you only care about sex appeal or "looking cute" then I don't suppose you really care if you "make sense" with how you're achieving those results.

I guess it's the idea that the person is playing dress up and only roleplaying though. Maybe these people are not lifestyle littles but only sometimes roleplay in ways that they find cute or sexy. Maybe some are just photoshoot littles who just want to look attractive to someone in this way. Maybe that someone they want to visually attract is more into BeDeeSeM than CGL so it's okay that they don't make sense to a realistic younger age. Maybe they don't want to be realistically compared to kids' ages because they are actually mentally comfortable being an adult. Maybe they aren't actually littles at all but just people who like this certain type of fashion or "aesthetic" as people say.

I ultimately agree that it's weird and muddies the waters on what a little age should be and is and how someone can figure that out for themselves. If there is no structure and no rules to what is what then it becomes too messy to make sense of anything.
I think the idea is that it is whatever makes the person in their littlespace comfortable. While it may not make sense, some people like the idea of wearing onesies and for some this might mean wearing diapers under them and for others this means not wearing diapers. I understand where you are coming from in the sense that it makes it difficult to judge little age, but at the same time, not every little has a little age. Some littles switch between ages depending on their current situations and some switch between being a little and being a caregiver. I think it is all in what makes the person happy and makes them comfortable enough to slip into their littlespace and be happy.
I don't really see how not wearing diapers with a onsie is somehow problematic and damaging to the community. Not all littles wear diapers but some do have a very young little age and want to wear clothing to reflect that. I don't think it's really fair to gatekeep about who should be allowed to wear what clothes in what context, if a middle wants to wear diapers or a baby wants to wear a cocktail dress I don't think it's fair or accurate to say that they're not a "real" little. I have a ballet onsie that I wear sometimes but I do not wear diapers under it because I don't do diapers and I don't really see how that's morally wrong or hurting anyone or the community in any way. Gatekeeping hurts the community way more than wearing clothes the "wrong" way.
I take slight offense to the notion of wearing onesies without diapers being counter-intuitive. As a little who would feel mentally damaged by wearing diapers and voiding the use of my basic human functions, I am unable to participate in the AB dynamic. I have cited my thoughts on diapers in another topic. It is up to the little to do what they want to do in order to feel little, it is not up to you or anyone else in the community to decide what is little and what is not. I find it more counter-productive to place a guideline of what being a little is or isn't, than just living your lifestyle without impeding on the lifestyles of others. It's quite unfair.
I am a little who doesn't wear diapers but does wear snap onesies. I do understand your confusion towards the topic, as your little age is very young, and mine is much higher up on the spectrum. I wear onesies because they help me get into the mindset of littlespace and make me feel safe and comfortable. My little age is much more toddler than infant, but I still wear onesies because they bring me a feeling of joy and safety. I also occasionally use bottles, which also aren't suited for my little age, but make me happy. It's all about how a person chooses to interact with their personal littlespace.
Me too Babyboyo, I find wearing a onesie super comforting when I'm having a hard time. I'll even goknow out in them sometimes. But I dounderstand tend to get younger when I'm dealing with things.
I still don't do diapers, I like them because they make me feel safe.
Can either babyboyo or LittleLadyLala help us understand how onesies help?

We mean, you two mentioned that they bring feelings of comfort and such. But can you try to elaborate on it?

For us, diapers and onesies thereof are just a part of our life. We are regularly in them. They don’t particularly evoke any sort of special feelings other than the pleasant thought that we are simply expressing who we are and being the way we feel we are. The comfort comes from it being a part of our lives that we feel is what we are. We are Babies, and part of what defines what a baby is in our context is that they wear diapers and onesies.

To us, it’s not that diapers bring comfort or security by themselves. Moreso familiarity. Biological babies (at least in our regression age) arent aware of diapers or onesies.
However, we believe that diapers and such tend to leave pleasant experiences, not by themselves, but by the interactions and associations related to them. Diapers mean diaper changes, which mean a comforting experience from being upset over soiled state, to a more relaxed and clean state.

However, we can’t see it being as specific of a case with onesies. We don’t believe that having snaps between legs feels much different from having no snaps, like, just a t-shirt.
We have a theory, and would you mind saying if it’s right or wrong in your case?

Our theory is that there’s a high level association between the looks of a baby and the joy they feel.

So, your concept of a baby, a toddler, is that they wear onesies. They appear to be cute in onesies, and they appear to have positive, happy experiences in innocent attire.

But those feelings, for you, stem from associating a baby’s joy with onesies. Like, a happy baby’s wearing a onesie. Therefore, the onesie makes a baby happy. And so, “if [ I ] wear a onesie, I will be happy.”

In such a case, the happiness that you would experience would come from the perception that babies look cute, joyful, in onesies, and giving the conclusion that wearing a onesie evokes feelings. Rather than focusing on how a onesie has a positive impact on your own littlespace, it’s more of the optics of the situation... That looking cute leads to feeling cute.

If this is not how these things work for you, please help us understand your feelings. We want to be able to understand how other people experience littlespace. We really want to get to the why of things, and not just have surface-level answers like “makes me feel safe”... There’s a whole background that we’re missing out on, and we want to discover and get to know the community from deep within!

Thank you for giving us perspectives, they are highly valuable!
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]