IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
By Alpha_baby_swItch
Hello,

I am wondering if there is anyone else on these boards for whom sobriety is an important thing! 12-steppers or not, is anyone here?

Or anyone who doesn't have a drug/alcohol problem, but maybe works a 12-step program (or another spiritual path) around codependency, recovery from child neglect / abuse, overeating, debt, or something else?

Personally, I 12-step. My main program is ACA (Adult Children of Alcoholics, Family Dysfunction, and/or Abuse). I also attend Alcoholics Anonymous and identify as an alcoholic and a drug addict. Sometimes I go to NA (Narcotics Anonymous), and I like to go to Codependents Anonymous when I can as well, even tho the closest meetings are kinda hard to get to from where I live. Recently I started working the program of Survivors of relative relations Anonymous alongside my ACA program, and I am getting a lot out of it. I identify as an ACA, an alcoholic, a drug addict, a codependent, and a survivor. Maybe more will come up, as well!

That is all... just wanted to wave hi to anyone else who may be out there!

<3,

Alpha
By Hopeisreal
Hey there. I've been clean and sober for close to seven months. I go to a faith based twelve step group as well as celebrate recovery when I get the chance. I was clean and sober for six years but then relapsed back in April. Last time I never did twelve step work or meetings etc. But this time I did.
By Heisenbergdl
I applaud you! Its important to me, my father was an alcoholic and passed away due to it, i know how hard it is and i know how little it feels like you have accomplished at times but i am glad to see a response from another user, and im glad to say i support you too!
By SmolMandy
Congrats to you Alpha and Hopeisreal on your sobriety, I wish you both the best of luck. This topic is important to me because a lot of my family members are addicts or recovering addicts. Growing up my dad was an alcoholic and ended up going to rehab when I was in 8th grade, while he has relapsed since then he's currently been almost a year sober. I, myself, have been sober for a little over a year and a half; but not from drugs or alcohol. I was addicted to cutting/self-harm for the better part of 3 years. There have been nights where I was extremely close to relapsing, but I won the battle & made it through; which I'm super proud about.
By Hopeisreal
Im sstill clean and sober. Ten months. I get what you mean SmolMandy. I was also someone who self harmed. It’s been seven years since I’ve self-harmed. Congrats on your year and a half.
By littledinosaur
Hey everyone. I'm sober, too, for a little over 4 years now. I've only been to one AA meeting, when I was in the hospital, but it helped even though I didn't share. I haven't gone since I got out of the hospital even though I keep telling myself I should & that I will. Maybe soon I'll so since my stress & anxiety levels have been getting worse & worse and it kind of makes me miss drinking. I also smoked pot for a bit and quit doing that a little over 5 years ago, though that feels sort of less important because it wasn't as much of a problem as alcohol was/is. I'm also in recovery from cutting, and that and alcohol have been the hardest to keep away from, but in April some time it will have been 3 years, which is a huge accomplishment for me. Any time my stress and/or anxiety get worse especially, I miss cutting even more - that's the primary thing at this point, then drinking. I'm trying to stay in recovery from everything.
By Hopeisreal
Today is my eleven months. I can’t believe I’m a month away from one year. And even though I could be celebrating seven years I know relapse is a part of recovery.
By DaddyandKitten
Personally, my journey among sobriety was a task I carried out without the use of a program. I only had my Daddy to back me, and I made it out of my addictions. I use to be a heavy drinker and a chain smoker. I gave up smoking one day last year and never picked up another cigarette after (which is a crazy though because they're so dang addictive). The withdrawals were hard on both Daddy and me, I was cranky and depressed but I made it out alive hehe. The thing that kept me going was the thought of having a happy and long life with Daddy, and I couldn't do that with cigarettes and alcohol. Quitting alcohol wasn't a set in stone decision for me. After I cut out smoking and all my other unhealthy habits, it paved the way for my alcoholism to end slowly but steadily. After quitting all my addictions, I had a rough time learning how to cope with stress because my addictions were my only form of coping mechanisms. With the help of my Daddy, will power, and my goal of living healthily, I stand here eight months clean. I wish you all the best of luck through your journeys, I believe in you!
By Gurlonfire
Yes, I am sober. How are you? I don’t know if being sober has anything to do with this stuff. I mean I am using this to escape and calm down I guess, it’s not the same
By Hopeisreal
It’s been one year for me today. I have had my struggles with temptation but did not give in. It was hard at times but it’s worth it to be clean and sober

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]

Advice on being little

Your little side is always with you! I know it's […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I'm not a con person in general but I've always wo[…]

Potty training potties

Hey, 🌸Thank you for letting me be here. I found th[…]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]