IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss a healthy lifestyle, weight loss goals, or refine exercise routines.
Hello all, I am pretty new here, but I've been active for a long time in the body positivity circle, helping others come to love their own bodies.

After reading a few posts around I am a little concerned about how some littles worry about their own body image, and how they are ashamed or apologize for being too big, or too overweight, or too tall, and not really fitting in with this visual identity they are hoping for.

First off I want to say there's absolutely nothing wrong with Fitness, Exercise, Eating right, or following healthy habits. There is however a dark often unspoken side of that in social pressure, even probably within open and accepting communities such as this one, to look a certain way, to be a certain size, and that is probably the most unhealthy thing of all to succumb to that pressure.

Stress is a major risk factor for people, and I can guarantee you that just being overweight or having bad eating habits isn't going to be nearly as dangerous to your health as the stress that social pressure gives you will. It's okay to want to change yourself, to better yourself, to alter your appearance, to give yourself goals, but above all you have to do it for the right reasons, for you.

Weight Loss is where I see the biggest issues occur, the whole world seems obsessed with it. I want to stress that a person's weight, height, and size overall is NEVER a clear indicator of their health, desirability, or worth, not even in communities like this. You have to learn to love and accept yourself for who you are now, otherwise you will never be able to love and accept whoever you change into. If you hate your body and are disgusted by it before you lose 30 pounds, you will still hate yourself after. Mental health and wellbeing has to be the starting point for any healthy lifestyle.

Focus on the positives of change and bettering yourself, never feel pressured to change to fit into someone else's ideal of perfection, you can be perfect as you are. Block out the negative influences that try to tell you how unhealthy you are, how unattractive you are, how you don't fit a certain person's mold, don't let those thoughts in. Seek affirmations every day of your life to reinforce loving yourself, when you love yourself and embrace who you are, then you have already conquered the most unhealthy aspect of all, self-hate.

I want everyone here to know and understand this before you worry about everything else. Everyone, young, old, tall, short, thin, big, littles or adults, to love yourself, then every change you make is a change for good, and you will never have to make a change in yourself you feel uncomfortable with.
By 3ri62
Thank you so much for this post! I am new to this site and my biggest concern is that I am not going to be small enough for a man. I started focusing on positive things in my life 6 months ago and have seen slight improvement. Some days are easier than others, but I just keep moving forward and hope for the best. Thank you for the reminder.
Advice on being little

Your little side is always with you! I know it's […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I'm not a con person in general but I've always wo[…]

Potty training potties

Hey, 🌸Thank you for letting me be here. I found th[…]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]

Lost Little

Hii :hi: :hi: :hi: Congratulations on discover[…]