IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss styling or wearing garments like cloth or disposable diapers, pull-ups, training pants, rompers, onesies, shortalls, dresses, plastic jewelry, and more. We can also help with designing little zones in your homes. Let us help you create your new look or redecorate your space!
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics about with the community whole.

► Show more details
Hi there Babygirl3848!
I am 18 myself and also don't have a caregiver to buy me diapers so I understand how you feel.
Being embarrassed is completely natural since you've never really used them. Truth is, you probably won't be able to get rid of the embarrassed feeling until you try diapers or it could go away in time.
I haven't gotten to use diapers really, myself yet either but from what I have heard you can get bambinos, rears, crinklez, and possibly goodnights. Besides goodnights, your gonna have to order diapers online if you want good ones that will fit you and work. If you buy goodnights at a store then if someone asks, you could pass it off as a bedwetting problem (embarrassing but possible).
It's up to you what you wanna wear with your diapers but wearing a onesie, sleeper, or romper will add to the babyish feeling if you like that and plastic pants could be nice to have too.
I hope I helped out at least a little bit
~sincerely your friendly neighborhood baby boy
rleqh99 or Jordan
Hi! I can understand your feelings and thoughts on the issue. And if you are still pretty young and don't live alone or have a space that is truly your own, things can be pretty overwhelming.

"So how do I get over my fear of people judging me?"
Some of that will come with the passage of time as you gradually become more comfortable in your own skin. Participating in forums and websites like this one will also help. Also, experience in just wearing the things will go a long way to building self-confidence. Lastly, if you are buying from a store and a clerk or someone asks, you can always say you are buying them for a nephew/niece or cousin who is in town.

"What stores can I buy them at?"
Depending on your size, most any Walmart will have diapers that will work. Training pants, Goodnights or Underjams can also work depending on how old your little age is. Also, don't be afraid to look into baby specific stores like Buy Baby Buy or Baby's R Us. Lastly, a google search for AB diapers will show you all kinds of diapers that might work for you.

"What kind should I get?"
This is really personal preference. Do your reading on this and other sites and see what other folks have to say about different brands and styles. If you do decide or are able to order from an AB friendly site order the 2 diaper samples before ordering a larger number to give you the opportunity to try several different kinds relatively cheaply. For what it is worth, I prefer Bambino Teddy's.

"Do you prefer wearing onesies while wearing diapers. Or does it not matter what I wear?"
This, again, is personal preference. I have worn onesies before and thought them very cute and babyish but they're not my "thing" I guess. Think of the things you have seen baby's wear or use . is there anything that you automatically associate with being a baby? For some it is onesies. For others it might be a pacifier or a bottle (those are available in adult sizes too!), a bib, blankie, stuffed animal, etc. Figure that out and start looking at how to acquire it. For me, it is a t-shirt that doesn't cover the diaper and a pacifier.

I hope this is at least a little bit helpful and wish you the best as you explore this part of yourself.
-BabyJJ
I have been an adult baby for quite a few years now, and even I am still shy sometimes. There is a difference in embarrassment and self-consciousness however. There will always be a slight nervousness or rush of excitement when you get that or what people think. How I got a feeling a little less embarrassed, was actually ROUTINE. If you follow a routine, then you can actually train yourself for a comfort. Also, 99.9999% of people if you are buying at a store, will leave you alone. As long as one follows discretion, nobody will go after you for it. Just remember that. I know its hard at first...

Also a quick experience on my behalf, I got some Little Pawz (Right at the start of a UTI just so happened) and lucky for me, cant do this twice, I got caught and questioned. I told them that I liked cuteness but had self conciousness and nervous. They didnt "Appreciate" it, but frankly I dont care. I wore them each day, (Alone of course) and at the end of the month I was a LOT more comfortable and less nervous to wear them. (I HATE it when non-trusted AB's or caretakers ever mention my diapers, and it was only chance that they found out due to my medical condition that happened to have timing to my diaper supply.

Anyway, Just be careful out there, and see that wearing them alone, but often, might give you a better sense that things are okay. And congrats on wearing for the first time! You will get slowly used to it, it does not happen overnight.
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]