IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss styling or wearing garments like cloth or disposable diapers, pull-ups, training pants, rompers, onesies, shortalls, dresses, plastic jewelry, and more. We can also help with designing little zones in your homes. Let us help you create your new look or redecorate your space!
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics about with the community whole.

► Show more details
See, up til 3 or 4 years ago, my step-dad went through my room randomly (which pissed me off) and he found my stash of baby diapers. I couldn't wear Goodnites or adult diapers so I used the baby ones as well as pull ups. Anyway, ever since then, they have taken me to see therapists, always asking why I like diapers, and I think somewhere they think I'm gonna be one of those people who are not there. So, I saw this link here yesterday about Tykables and the owner hits some strong points that I wish my parents to see. The thing is, im a little and this link basically gives that away. I just don't think I'm ready for them to know yet, but should I send them the link so they can see it from a different perspective?

Here's the link if you want to read it.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58d12 ... 71dcf7e9ba?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
BabyMax wrote:See, up til 3 or 4 years ago, my step-dad went through my room randomly (which pissed me off) and he found my stash of baby diapers. I couldn't wear Goodnites or adult diapers so I used the baby ones as well as pull ups. Anyway, ever since then, they have taken me to see therapists, always asking why I like diapers, and I think somewhere they think I'm gonna be one of those people who are not there. So, I saw this link here yesterday about Tykables and the owner hits some strong points that I wish my parents to see. The thing is, im a little and this link basically gives that away. I just don't think I'm ready for them to know yet, but should I send them the link so they can see it from a different perspective?

Here's the link if you want to read it.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58d12 ... 71dcf7e9ba?

I read the article and I like it. It makes alot of excellent points.

Unfortunately I dont have much experience with positive famely interactions. The one conflict I can probably empathize with is the need for independence. This is normal for all teenagers. For me the line was hard fought but in the end my parents and I came to the understanding that I was going to be independent and if I wanted to share something with them, I would. Otherwise they respected my space because the fighting was not heathy or constructive for any of us.

Assuming however that you come form a caring famely or that you truly wish to talk to your parents about this topic. This link provides an excellent insight into a part of your life that you are not sure your parents understand.

Yes, you probably will have to deal with the little conversation and if your parents have insisted that you see therapists it is also likely that they will insist on autism screenings. They do this because they care and want to do everything they can to make sure you are okay.

I dont talk to my parents much but every famely is different personally I feal that if I did have a closer connection with my famely this might fall under the heading of sex even if it did not actually involve sex. My rules about sex topics are simple: I acknowledge that you have sex and you are free to acknowledge that I have sex. That said I dont want to hear about my parents sex life and in turn I dont want to talk about it with them.

In short if it meens enought to you to realy have this conversation then this is a great opening.

If your parents are maybe not so supportive of you, well it sounds like you already have a therapist. Try to take advantage of this and maybe have this conversation with your therapist first.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

My parents are supportive, very supportive but they don't like the fact that I want to be a child again. They always say I need to act more my age (which I do) but I've been into wearing diapers ever since I was in the 3rd or 4th grade. (When I starting wetting the bed)

Hi there,

Without actually reading the link, I will suggest this; if you are not ready to have a conversation about what diapers really mean for you, the best case scenario and the worst, then I would not recommend showing this to them just yet. I'm not saying to not show them the article, I'm saying that you need to be mentally prepared to deal with whatever happens.

In the end, this is your life and how you choose to live it is entirely up to you and you need to feel secure in your decisions. So do your homework and keep preparing yourself for the day that you choose to open up to your parents. Just remember that there is always someone in your life that cares for you and your well being. Try to remember these people when things look tough.

Bye for now and good luck,
Babypants93
In my opinion, this is something which is better used to put a discussion in context but not something that should just be emailed and said "hey, mom/dad, look at this and tell me what you think." I can easily imagine a scenario where a parent, not really understanding AB, can look at that article, quickly Google "AB" and find themselves on websites which have varying opinions of what it means (some are definitely less flattering than others).

We do have a reference of suggested tips and techniques for telling friends and family. If you haven't seen it, here's the link: http://www.littlespaceonline.com/app.php/page/comingout
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]