IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Littles here answer questions about being a Little.
Note: Littles do not answer site-help questions.
Forum rules: 
* * * CLOSED TO NEW TOPICS * * *
Please post all new questions in the main General Discussion area of the site.
This NOT an area for personal ads!

Only people identifying as Age Regressors (littles, middles, adult babies, etc.) or switches should be replying to these topics!
I have a hard time setting boundaries for myself weather in little head space or big. Like say bed time or over extending myself. Telling people no even though I know I should.( I do not have a daddy or caregiver at the moment.) All I'm wanting to know is do others feel the same way? Just wanting to know if I'm alone in this or if there are others.
You're not alone.
I have trouble with that all the time, and when I manage to make myself go to bed when I know I should- it feels like a big deal. ^^"

I pushed myself too hard recently and ended up with an acute chest infection. So that's what I got for xmas lol ^^

Even with a Daddy I still have those problems. He has to be pretty stern and tell me
multiple times (usually to sleep) before I'll do it. It's not the same as him telling or asking
me to do chores or a task. But when it's "make sure you sleep, eat, drink" etc. I'm not so good.

I also have trouble saying no to people. But I'm working to improve that.
What helps me is remembering any feelings of regret, or acknowledging how tired
or crappy I felt- because I didn't say 'no'. And I make sure I take note of that feeling
for next time. And ask myself before I respond "do I want to go through that again?"

Obviously doesn't work for every scenario, like if something's sprung on you.
But it's helped a bit so far, for me. :3
I think everyone has trouble with that in some form in their lives. I think it makes it easier when there is a good reason or reward or punishment type thing that goes along with something you struggle with. Like bedtime. I'm usually up to 2-4 in the morning if not later, since I'm mentally disabled and can't work living with bio parents, there is no reason to go to bed at a 'reasonable' hour. Thusly I end up not getting out of bed until 12-2 in the afternoon. It's just become my accustomed schedule now. It isn't inherently good or bad, since I have nothing besides therapy scheduled, and that's usually in the afternoons. It's not hard scheduling things for afternoons when I have nothing else in life going on. I do want to try and go to bed like around 1ish, but 1ish comes and I think oooo color time! or movie time! or game time! or play with bunny time! and with no good reason to 'have' to go to bed, I just don't. :3 Now if I ever manage to find a nice daddy that might change. I might get a bedtime story, tuck in, etc. that gives me a reason/reward for going to bed.
i definitely have this trouble! when in littlespace, there's no way in heck i can make myself do stuff i don't want to, but in big space i really struggle. especially with things like eating well or doing coursework or obeying self-set bedtimes.
when i'm feeling particularly motivated (quite rare rip) i am able to self-reward later in the day, for example, "if i eat my veg i can play an extra hour of videogames tonight" but usually since there's no one to enforce this, i'll just end up leaving the veg and playing the videogames anyway.... i have 0 self discipline ;_;

i'll be interested to know others' ideas for dealing with this because it's always been something i struggle with in life. hopefully it will at least be partly solved when i get a caregiver! i'm no good at adulting on my own, haha~
For me it's basically part of being on the spectrum. I have compulsive procrastination behavior so... Yeah I pretty much can't say no to myself either even when I know it's going to blow up in my face like with this physics exam that I haven't even made the equation sheet for. It's tomorrow. It's like there's a disconnect between planning on doing something and actually doing. I wonder if that has anything to do with possible dissociation tendencies.....
I definitely have the same problems. As a little and as an adult. I skip meals/ don't eat all the time. When I do eat it's usually something terrible. I put things off, to the point where they usually never get done. I can't seem to say no to anybody, even when it's something I really don't want to do. And I stay up way too late.
I try to change these things, like set bedtimes or trying to at least eat regularly. But I never seem to be able stick to it. There's really no way to enforce or reward myself. I'll just skip the rule and take the reward.
So yeah, basically I'm really bad at adulting lol.
I think it's fairly common for us. For me getting enough sleep is always an issue, and food is a strange one. I either eat not enough or too much. Case in point, I just devoured an entire pepperoni pizza and now I have a stomach ache, *sigh*. Like, it was a thin crust, but still. Other times I just won't eat, like breakfast pretty much never happens for me because I get lazy when I'm tired (note the not enough sleep above...). I've found setting a routine helps a bit with this stuff, although I do tend to fall off my routine after a while. It is what it is, just do your best!
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]