IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers here answer questions about being a Caregiver.
Note: Caregivers do not answer site-help questions.
Forum rules: 
* * * CLOSED TO NEW TOPICS * * *
Please post all new questions in the main General Discussion area of the site.

This NOT an area for personal ads!

Only people identifying as Caregivers (Daddies, Mommies, Babysitters, Aunts, Uncles, Bigs, etc.) or switches should be replying to these topics!
Depends on the reason they are being punished. Typically I will use time outs, spanking, multiple edging, writing lines, forced kneeling or something to that effect as long as my little is comfortable enough with the punishment and they understand why they are being punished
I use writing lines, early bed time, loss of sweets / treats fir upwards of several days, loss of chat privileges with anyone other than momma, an time outs.

For the most part I don't use or believe in corporal punishments, except for serious, severe problems, like texting while driving, or public intox / lewdity. (Then it's a wooden poon.)
By Cherithcc503
This, to me anyway, is totally dependent upon the little and our relationship. I believe one other aspect to take into consideration is where you are as a Daddy. I believe some evolve. Some wont but some will and that can and will allow a change in how they work with a little.

My preference is for spankings. I believe even a lite spanking can get a point across. Firm and stern can never be bad either.

Learn to listen and watch your little. See how they respond. That will say alot.
Edging without special burst, refusing special burst at all, writing lines, time out in the corner, no sweets (this includes ice cream), no coloring. I NEVER take away a stuffie, some littles have a special connection and can not sleep without them. As for spankings not being enough, have you tried a flat hairbrush? It stings just enough for a little to learn their punishment without being too harsh.
It really depends on the relationship and the little but aside from spankings it can be restraint special burst overload, burst denial, kneeling in the corner, being plugged through the day, no cummies from daddy, writing lines, writing an essay on what they did wrong, taking away coloring books or tv/movies, etc.

It all can vary based on the severity of the transgression and whether it is a first offense or not.
For normal indiscretions...
timeout
loss of priveleges
writing lines/essays/rule writing
nose on wall
On a more twisty note...
withheld special burst
forced special burst (repeated)
restraint/blindfolded/left (timed)
plug (timed)
hmmmmm so much to choose from!! It really does depend on the discretion and the dynamic between the Dom/Daddy & Sub/Little.
As a general rule, when you are punishing someone. Take it slow, don't do the hardest punishment you can think of first.
Also respect safe words, and soft limits. If someone does misbehave it doesn't mean you ignore there limits and you use them against them.
Discuss before hand and tell your little/sub why she/he/they are going to be punished before it happens. Allow them to have input and let them tell you they accept the punishment.
ALSO, SEX, TRYING OUT NEW TOYS, BULLYING OR PRESSURING SOMEONE INTO SEX ISN'T PUNISHMENT. YOU AS THE CAREGIVER SHOULDN'T GET physically intimate PLEASURE FROM PUNISHING YOUR LITTLE/SUB. Punishments aren't meant to be enjoyable for you or the person who is being punished. But if there is a general concern around being hit, ect. Respect that. There is a lot of punishments out there. Hitting isn't the only one, and although your submissive/little is being punished there own safety is important too.
NEVER HIT OR PUNISH YOUR LITTLE OUT OF RAGE. be responsible, if they've done something that does really upset you. Tell them you need some time to yourself, take a step back, calm down. Have your own alone time, time out. What have you.
Than call on them so you guys can talk about the way they need to be punished. But only do this when you are relaxed.
Also after care is important after ALL punishments. Physical or not.
Since I'm a teacher in real life, I tend to lean toward the kind of penalties and punishments I use in the classroom. One of my favorites is writing an essay, or writing lines. This can be especially effective if they don't like to sit still for very long.
For me it varies quite a bit. I have a reward system for punishments and rewards. But some punishments are of course essays, spanking, taking away cummies and even edging. Time outs aren't really my style as I tend to feel bad for extended punishments. Anything extra are things discussed between me and my little.
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]