Caregivers here answer questions about being a Caregiver.
Note: Caregivers do not answer site-help questions.
Forum rules: 
* * * CLOSED TO NEW TOPICS * * *
Please post all new questions in the main General Discussion area of the site.

This NOT an area for personal ads!

Only people identifying as Caregivers (Daddies, Mommies, Babysitters, Aunts, Uncles, Bigs, etc.) or switches should be replying to these topics!
Let's talk about our personal self discovery within the community!

When did you start thinking that you might naturally be more of a parental sort of person, overall?
Was there something that solidified your speculation and you had a massive, "Ah-hah!" moment?
Did someone introduce you to it?
Did you find information online that fueled your discovery?
How old were you at the time?
Have you somehow have always known?
Has it taken you time to better understand and accept yourself?
It started this year (I'm 23) with my girlfriend. We roleplay a lot, writing about fictional characters from movies and books. Mostly romance but we did some family AUs and I would take the role of a parent, she would be a child. And she started calling me Daddy, just for fun, then I started to read more about littlespace and all of that... I've always felt like I was kinda big sister to her, she's 3 years younger than me. I love calling her my Little, praising her for all things she does and so on, it comes so... naturally to me.
When did you start thinking that you might naturally be more of a parental sort of person, overall?
- I have sort of always gravitated to the role, initially it was just a dealership thing, then I became squad dad, then I became Daddy to a very special princess who opened my eyes to the lifestyle.

Was there something that solidified your speculation and you had a massive, "Ah-hah!" moment?
-I realized that with anything else I tried to do as just a kink, its was always awkward to do the before and after parts, even if I got enjoyment out of the act itself wheras being a daddy, I fell into the role seamlessly and once I was in, just stayed that way and never looked back and it immediately became more than a kink, but a way of being for myself and my partner that made us both happy, empowered and comfortable.

Did someone introduce you to it?
-My very first little, we met and got to know each other without any mention of the lifestyle, she sort of eased me into it without putting up any "THIS IS A THING" signs to set off my taboo alarms.

Did you find information online that fueled your discovery?
- I have since become an active poster on several boards and a vocal advocate for the benefits of the lifestyle.

How old were you at the time?

Have you somehow have always known?
- I have always been a weird sort of dominant, too strict for some partners and too soft for the restraints types, I've always been a daddy, I just either didnt realise, or I hid from it.

Has it taken you time to better understand and accept yourself?
- I'm learning more every day, I just had my little leave me after having been unfaithful, so while I fall apart, I am learning how my new me deals with trauma and loss and believe it or not, having released that small long-caged part of me, even if only for a while, has had a ripple effect on every part of my being and has allowed me to ride out the sadness instead of going under.

Do you mean that he isn't a good person or that he[…]

hiding your little self?

How do I hide my little side we not very well so I[…]

Questions for Littles

1. What do you identify as? 6-year-old boy 2. Do […]

I'm new to this to. I was always told I was childi[…]