IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers here answer questions about being a Caregiver.
Note: Caregivers do not answer site-help questions.
Forum rules: 
* * * CLOSED TO NEW TOPICS * * *
Please post all new questions in the main General Discussion area of the site.

This NOT an area for personal ads!

Only people identifying as Caregivers (Daddies, Mommies, Babysitters, Aunts, Uncles, Bigs, etc.) or switches should be replying to these topics!
Let's talk about our personal self discovery within the community!

When did you start thinking that you might naturally be more of a parental sort of person, overall?
Was there something that solidified your speculation and you had a massive, "Ah-hah!" moment?
Did someone introduce you to it?
Did you find information online that fueled your discovery?
How old were you at the time?
Have you somehow have always known?
Has it taken you time to better understand and accept yourself?
It started this year (I'm 23) with my girlfriend. We roleplay a lot, writing about fictional characters from movies and books. Mostly romance but we did some family AUs and I would take the role of a parent, she would be a child. And she started calling me Daddy, just for fun, then I started to read more about littlespace and all of that... I've always felt like I was kinda big sister to her, she's 3 years younger than me. I love calling her my Little, praising her for all things she does and so on, it comes so... naturally to me.
When did you start thinking that you might naturally be more of a parental sort of person, overall?
- I have sort of always gravitated to the role, initially it was just a dealership thing, then I became squad dad, then I became Daddy to a very special princess who opened my eyes to the lifestyle.

Was there something that solidified your speculation and you had a massive, "Ah-hah!" moment?
-I realized that with anything else I tried to do as just a kink, its was always awkward to do the before and after parts, even if I got enjoyment out of the act itself wheras being a daddy, I fell into the role seamlessly and once I was in, just stayed that way and never looked back and it immediately became more than a kink, but a way of being for myself and my partner that made us both happy, empowered and comfortable.

-My very first little, we met and got to know each other without any mention of the lifestyle, she sort of eased me into it without putting up any "THIS IS A THING" signs to set off my taboo alarms.

- I have since become an active poster on several boards and a vocal advocate for the benefits of the lifestyle.

- I have always been a weird sort of dominant, too strict for some partners and too soft for the restraints types, I've always been a daddy, I just either didnt realise, or I hid from it.

- I'm learning more every day, I just had my little leave me after having been unfaithful, so while I fall apart, I am learning how my new me deals with trauma and loss and believe it or not, having released that small long-caged part of me, even if only for a while, has had a ripple effect on every part of my being and has allowed me to ride out the sadness instead of going under.
I love this question as it strikes at the very heart of origins. i have yet to meet two people who had the same starting points and experiences.

I was in 3rd grade. A new student entered our class on my birthday in march of that year. She was extremely shy and withdrawn. I got to know her and got her to open up a little bit. Her shyness came from her family constantly moving. (She was in 3rd grade and this was her sixth school!) So she never invested herself in getting to know anyone. But she was also shy because she was incontinent and wore a diaper. She explained it was a muscle deformity that prevented her from being able to hold it.

The reason why meeting this girl in 3rd grade and befriending her was a first indication that I might have a parental nature was because her diaper-wearing condition was found out by our classmates. And she was mercilessly picked on. I defended her, with fists some times. And I got in trouble because of this several times that spring. But nobody picked on her after that, at least not when I was there.

I didn't understand that it was a parental nature, or what I like to call a "Daddy-tude" until I was in college and made the discovery of AB online.

When I found AB online, the "Ah-hah" moments were instantaneous.

No. But I think I pursued knowledge of it because I never forgot about that girl in 3rd grade or the feelings I developed because of meeting her and protecting her.

So when the internet came to be, I began looking up answers for it and that's how I found AB.

Oh yes. Oh my goodness, yes! The first thing I discovered was a message board entitled: Adult Baby BBS. That was the first time I saw those two words together ... Adult Baby.

I would find the few community sites that existed at the time as well as the few pictures sites that existed at the time.

No. I truly believe it dawned on me in 3rd grade when I met that girl.

It was never a struggle to accept it about myself. But there was one adjustment I needed to make. I was with my last vanilla girlfriend when I was 25. We ended and I didn't see anyone for 7 years after that. The adjustment I made was to accept that the only relationship I was right for was one that embraced the Daddy/BabyGirl dynamic.
I suspected the same time I found out I had little tendencies too. As a whole I found out about both through a close friend who confided in me about having what they specified as a "Unique bond, not just something like being in a relationship, but taking care of someone on a more unique and in depth level where you can kind-of just let go of your responsibilities for a while and melt in your loved one or CG/little's arms and just exist and or stop existing for a while after a long day" And that sounded super nice to me because I've always wanted a close bond in relationships where someone's wellbeing was prioritized, but didnt really think about how deep that could go in terms for just little things, like brushing someones hair or having your hair brushed. Showering with someone and helping them get clean and them help you get clean. It added an extra layer of comfort in a basic human need sense. Where you could take care of someone in a way where, even if they didnt need help doing something just helping them would make their day easier or provide them a sense of comfort or a sense of belonging and safety, and thats something i crave from somebody but also yearn to give as well. I like both so, it's nice pampering someone just as its nice to be pampered.
By Deleted User 70063
Always have grown up with the caregiver mindset, especially growing up as the oldest of 4. Even from a young age, I had to learn some aspects of caregiving, which is probably why it is fun to reflect back on childhood sometimes and express some little and middle traits once in awhile, though I find myself mostly being in a caretaker mental state.

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]

Advice on being little

Your little side is always with you! I know it's […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I'm not a con person in general but I've always wo[…]

Potty training potties

Hey, 🌸Thank you for letting me be here. I found th[…]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]