I'm not actually vegan myself but I came across this recipe for vegan banana bread on YouTube
. If you search for 'vegan banana bread Sarah Carey' on YT you'll be able to find the video that goes with it. Recipe has just been copied down as I found it. Hope you vegans out there enjoy it
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted, plus more for pan
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 & 1/3 cups mashed very ripe bananas (from 3 large)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle flaxseed over 1/3 cup water. Let stand until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir in oil, almond milk, flaxseed mixture, bananas, and vanilla.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes. Let bread cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store tightly wrapped in plastic, up to 3 days, or freeze, up to 3 months.