IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
An explanation; when I was about 10-11 whenever I was uncomfortable I would start baby talking and getting into what I now know is little space. However, my dad would tell me to stop being childish. I was just wondering your opinions on what age you know it's a kink/lifestyle and not just being childish as a child?
If it's always part of you, then it will always have been part of you, no matter the age. But such as with all aspects of this and these related lifestyles, once you're an adult is the safest place to say that it's your lifestyle, or a kink. Being younger, exploration happens of course, but once you pass out of childhood and still hold onto these parts of life and flourish in it, that's when it becomes your lifestyle and preferred kink/adult interest/etc, however you live it. :stuffie:
Firstly, let’s define some terms.

DD/lg refers to the relationship dynamic between a DD (dominant, daddy) and a lg (little, girl). It does not go into the details of whether the relationship type is ageplay or actual regression.

Ageplay refers to the action of role playing another age other than one’s own (either younger or older).

Community terms, acronyms and info.

What you describe aligns more with age playing rather than DD/lg. Of course DD/lg interest could be present, but that interest could only be manifested through ageplay as long as any of both halves is not present. We are assuming that you did not have an actual DD to be able to carry out such relationship, but feel free to correct us in a reply.

We would say that ageplay is a very common and intrinsic aspect of childhood. Often children are encouraged by parents and adults to carry out activities with increased responsibility. The act of playing with dolls, caring for a toy, can also be limited forms of ageplay.

Now, if the reason for ageplay during childhood is given outside of fun and games (children also like to role play “house” settings), it can be an indicator that ageplay could be a form of coping mechanism, as we believe you describe. However, we would believe that in most of these cases feelings and thoughts are not well-developed yet, to the point of making conscious decisions that would reflect a lifestyle choice rather than a natural reaction to stress.

We would say that it only becomes a lifestyle once somebody becomes aware and makes decisions that take into account one’s aspect of ageplay and regression. For example, if you plan on making home renovation, and you seriously consider turning a room into a playroom, then that would be a clear indication that it is a lifestyle rather than just a basic, occasional activity.
I think that once you have reached about 13 - 14, then it is no longer "childish", but it is your personality and coping coming out. An adult such as a parent may see it as still being childish, but at that point, it is beginning to develop beyond mere child's play. In fact, being told you are being childish at that point may be a key indicator that you are apt to be a little, especially if you are drawn to "childish" things such as diapers, pacifiers, bottles, stuffed animals, etc. It may even encourage you to continue that behavior.
I personally think that being a little is just taking all the things that people think are "childish" and saying "no, this stuff is cool and I don't care what you think". I mean, obviously there's more to it than that... there's a lot more to it than that... But I like to wear pretty hairbows and cute little dresses and be silly and wear jelly shoes and eat lunches on special trays. I've always been like this, but I let the adults tell me that I had to be an adult and stop being childish. So I put away all the "childish" things in my life one by one and felt pieces of my soul dying every time I did, but, to me, that's what being an adult meant. Now I have some very different ideas as to what being an adult should be and why I love regressing and just letting myself be me. You know?
I've been around in lots of different communities over the years and I've watched so many people argue about terminology and things!

I think the main difference between being a "little" and being "childish" is just... using the term to describe yourself, basically! There are plenty of people in the world who have a lot of similarities to littles but they don't know anything about the little community, and I think awareness of the community is something a person needs to identify as a little. And I don't really think it's right to assign these terms to other people. I don't think you should say "that person is a little", I think it's something for an individual to decide about themselves. For a long time I was childish for my age and I didn't know about littles.

Then when I found out about the communities and terminology, I still often don't like to use the term "little" because people have a lot of connotations with the word. Like a lot of people don't understand it! I'll hang around in little communities, but my willingness to describe myself as a little will come depending on what the views are of the people around me. If I feel like someone won't "get it" then I just call myself "childish" or a "kid at heart" and that is something they can understand better. As I am right now in my life, being little doesn't involve kink at all, and even if it did, I wouldn't want to go telling people who don't know me well about my kinks anyways. I mostly only describe myself as a little when I am in little communities, because I know people in these communities understand the word and the ways littles can be varied as people. People outside the community make assumptions and put you in a box.

Also... I have seen people arguing about this before, but I think to "truly" be able to use the term little you should be 18+. That's my personal opinion. I think "little" should be an 18+ thing. When I was a kid I was still being very childish for my age but I don't really think it's right to call someone who is still a kid a little.

But you know, other people have different opinions, and that's ok as long as no one is mean to someone with a different opinion! :yes:
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]