IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
Alright so I was talking to my friend about a problem she was having and so I was just like, "Get your daddy to help too!" I was running out of ideas and then I questioned to myself, why hasn't she consulted in him.

She told me that they, "went technically" in a relationship because he's her caregiver, and that it was LDR and that he wasn't very involved. He's caring but just not dominate and doesn't make rules or enforce them. My question is, do you guys think if you're with a caregiver, do you consider it a relationship? (I do.)

And I feel like, if you're a true caregiver (Not saying he isn't!) then you'd set rules to help your little via health wise. If you know they are struggling, even if it's long distance, you can still help your little with their health. (Because she has a drinking problem and she's reallly young and when she drinks then she gets depressed about it.)

I dunno. I think it's kinda hard finding daddys / caregivers that will actually enforce rules that help you with your health. I haven't really been able to find any, personally I have issues with taking my meds that I seriously need to take. So having someone enforce that would help tons, even if they are long distance. I have no idea what to say to her, I wish her care giver would try to help her?

But I do understand you can't someone if they don't want to help themselves. I don't know. Any thoughts on this?
By jellylamb

hi renea!!

i agree with you that a caregiver should enforce a health/safety rule because self-care is very important!!!
i am in a LDR with my caregiver too, but even then he doesn't enforce a self-care rule on me too much,
which i really did wish he did.

you are doing your best to help her, which i am sure deep down she appreciates.
she probably needs to have multiple talks with him in order to enforce rules &
discuss a plan to help her into a better state.

from what i learned in a LDR, you have to take some small steps for yourself even as a little. it's hard to do anything
when there aren't rules enforced, but it just takes time to work things out. when a little doesn't get the right support
in a LDR it can cause them to be withdrawn and more upset. so it's important that she does need to help herself first,
take care of her health for herself. like you said, she can't receive much help if she can't help herself.

this is something she really needs to figure out with her caregiver and decide what is appropriate
if she won't listen to your advice.

i wish you luck with your friend!! you can always message me for any more advice. :gigs:

An new but what daddy doms or caregivers I spoke to had rules I wasn't sleeping great so one enforced a bed times etc. One rule was also never put oneself down ( this to me would help self confidence etc) mine also advised me talk other little too?? Basically I thought most if not all have rules ie call them daddy no talking back no negative talk about ones self an bedtime etc????????
My daddy isn't too forceful about rules but if I do forget to do some self-care (not drink enough water, not eat, stress out too much, bottle up my feelings, etc.), he does get worried. Maybe her daddy isn't very strict like mine isn't? It's even harder to enforce rules when it's a LDR since the CG isn't there to see if the little is following them.

If I were your friend, I'd talk to my daddy about enforcing rules and why it's important to her. I can see where she's coming from because I forget to take care of myself a lot and if it weren't for my daddy, I'd be in horrible shape.
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]