IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
Soooo I am a little and I am trying to venture into pet space, but I don't really know how all of them work. Is there certain personality traits in each one? I'm not really a fan of the tails/ears stuffs and I don't really see myself as a kitty/puppy (the most common ones I have seen) but I don't really know any others nor their personality traits.
Oh!! I can see this is a really old topic, but it very much interests me. I hope it's ok for me to post and I hope you're still around to see!

This is going to be based on my own personal experiences and thoughts and I'm sure other people have different ideas.

For me little space and pet space are very very different feelings. They can have some things in common! Both have a carefree and playful attitude, and both have a sort of emotional honesty, and both of them feel very good and comforting. For a lot of people both being a little and a pet involve being taken care of by someone else.

But when I'm a little I'm still very much in a human or person mindset. When I'm being a pet, I think way more like an animal! I feel more like an animal! It's very hard for me to describe the differences between them but they are huge. I can be less verbal as a little but I am even less verbal as an animal. I want to communicate with sounds! Like an animal! I think animal thoughts and I feel animal things. Being a little isn't like being an animal to me, it's like being a little kid. I think for me being a little tends be be "softer" because when I'm a pet I can be vicious and want to bite and stuff if I want to. Like animals do. When I'm a little I don't really feel very aggressive and even if I do I don't feel very capable of doing serious harm ever. Little is more vulnerable to me then pet.

Sometimes the two of them blend and mesh and I'm a mix of both at the same time and I can change back and forth between them very fluidly.. I can mix and match different aspects of them both... Sorry if this is super hard to explain or understand! I'm doing my best!

I find that the pet play community has a lot of variety into it. Some people don't have an animal mindset like me at all! Just like how there's a lot of variety among littles and how we do things there's so much variety among pets too. I think maybe pets might have even more variety though, it's just my experience but it seems like littles usually have more in common, and pets can have wide wide variety....

I don't think you have to be a kitty or a puppy, you can be your own animal. I think it's important to not follow trends. Sometimes a lot of pet play trends are just kind of yucky for me personally, I wouldn't want to do that kind of stuff. And if you follow trends to fit in I think it's very limiting and wouldn't make you as happy as being your own unique self. Like being a pet will be a unique thing very personal to you. Sometimes trying to talk to other pets will just be like.. Their experience is so different you can barely relate! At least that's how I feel.

Some people who do pet play will use ears and tails and collars and leashes and some not! Like I said it's lots of variety! And also I think trying to limit things to personality traits is kind of limiting. Just be the animal that feels right to you! I'm someone who loves animals, so I know each kitty or dog has it's own personality. People make generalizations but I have met aloof dogs and energetic affectionate cats and so on!

It does seem like sometimes people are both littles and pets and they blend and they switch between but I don't see lots of talk about how they feel different or the same... I wonder what other people think???

I hope maybe someone else will post more stuff about this because it interests me a lot! :gigs:
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]