IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
My little gets sad pretty often when she wakes up due to bad dreams etc. sometimes it takes all day to get her to cheer up and I was wondering if there was something I could do to help her get better faster. It kills me seeing her sad all day and I really want her to be happy and know I love her
Just so we're not all posting things that you already do, would you be willing to give us all a run down of the kinds of things you already do so that we can be as helpful as possible to your situation? There are a lot of things one can do but a bit more information would help us be specific to you. ^.^
I agree with MommaWren that more information on what you already do would be helpful. I also agree with DaniellePrincess in that the mind is very powerful. As a psychology graduate and someone that began my DDLG as long distance, what you do throughout the ENTIRE day plays a huge factor. This begins with good morning messages, mid-day messages and goodnight messages. The problem for some is variety, you have to mix the messages and what you say up. Also the messages should be visual and descriptive as to give your Little the feeling that you are there. Technology is so fast now, that apps like Whatsapp and Snapchat allow you to send photos. With a Little before I would take cat, dog and flower crown photos on snapchat and send them to her on Whatsapp to make her smile. It is truly the little things that count with Littles and a small gesture goes a long way.

As far as dreams, from a psychological aspect, once you know what her bad dreams are about, I would recommend doing research into those dream messages and looking into their meanings, as well as ways to counter them. If a Little has bad dreams of abandonment, then reassure them that you are always there (just don't overdue it). I hope this helps.
For me personally, I need my daddy to whisper me to and just be soothing and calm for me. He tells me to hug my stuffie and to let him take care of me and to relax. He'll also tell me that it's ok if I need to cry because he is there for me and wants me to let it all out instead of bottling it up inside. Then when I'm ready to talk then I will tell him what's wrong (If I hadn't said why already) and we will talk about it. After that if I'm feeling better then he will call me a good girl for telling him about why I was upset. Also if I'm upset then he will try to make me giggle by being a silly daddy because he knows it makes me feel better. It usually works for me, but every little is different.
Have her journal about her bad dreams, fears, and worries. Putting it all down on paper can help sort her thoughts and feel less stressed, whether or not she shares the journal with you.

Offer to watch her favorite TV show or movie with her.

If she finds your voice calming, read her a book.

Sunshine and vitamin D help you feel better, so if she spends all her time indoors then encourage her to go outside every day, even for just a few minutes.

Art or music can be super beneficial; after all that's why Art Therapy and Music Therapy exist. If either of you are creative, you can draw a picture for the other, or play an instrument/sing. Or if not, just listening to music can help.

In a similar vein, you could write her stories or poems, or if she likes writing have her send one to you.

Also, if you've ever sent her any gifts - jewelry, clothing, stuffed animals - have her wear it or hug the stuffed animal to remind her how much you care about her.
Even though being a little girl can be fun, I actually often drop to slight depression during and deal with the same issue. I think to answer this question will take multiple factors including direct communication, body language watching without pressure, and seeing what is comforting and what is not. It may be on a much deeper level you may notice it at if lets say if she is being held for example. The nervousness and slight sadness there needs to be communicated clearly, and searching the reasons without causing stress.

Try not to not ask "Why" but rather, help guide her. Best of luck.
One thing I do for my little sis that seems to help her is I'll have her grab a pillow or her favorite stuffie, and I'll grab a pillow or stuffed animal on my end, and then we'll both hug them at the same time, that way it's like we're hugging each other! Getting on a simulstream site like rabb.it and watching her favorite movie together, playing a cute game together on Steam, or ordering her her favorite pizza delivered straight to her door can also be nice long-distance methods of sharing comfort.

Honestly, just knowing that her Daddy loves and cares about her will probably make all the difference.
Caregivers leaving for work

I'm currently a "stay at home gf" and i […]

Ohhh don't worry about others. I felt weird at the[…]

Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]