IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
By Miss
:hi:
Is it common to feel like a 24/7 Caregiver by personality?

I identify as a Mommy Domme and have been so for over a decade. I feel like I'm the "caregiver" in all of the relationships in my life though. I feel like it's something so very natural and when I feel a loss of control in some area in life then I know I need to "take care of" something or someone to feel whole and right again. I feel like it is who I am all of the time, and I can't imagine how someone could turn that caring authority aspect off and back on again but I've read about Caregivers saying exactly that.

I know there's talk of 24/7 littles and 24/7 adult babies saying that it's entirely their personality and how they naturally feel all of the time. What about 24/7 Caregiver identities though? 24/7 Mommy Dommes, 24/7 Daddy Doms, or whatever other Caregiver term you may associate yourself with being all of the time. Is there a "we" in this existence or is it all just "me"?
:hugs:
While I don't behave as a Daddy Dom 24/7, nevertheless, I have always been driven, like you, to be a full-time caretaker.

The difference between living as a Dom 24/7 and just naturally feeling a desire to take care of those you love, I feel, is in the nature of a Dom's relationship with their little(s)...and this would be a highly personal thing.

With my little, Mimi, there were two separate but congruous sides to our overall relationship--little space, in which I was always the Dom and behaved as such (providing Dom-to-little guidance, enforcing compliance of rules and rituals, and managing discipline when warranted), and then what she referred to as "big girl time" in which we were both equals in terms of the power dynamic (not to say we weren't equals in our DDlg dynamic, just that the power structure was different). However, even when my little was not in little space, even when we held completely equal footing in terms of control, I still felt the desire and need to take care of her. I also feel this way about all of my close friends and family--that they deserve from me the kindness, compassion, love, support and guidance (should they decide they need it) as my little received during regression.

You're certainly not alone in this, and I would imagine many of us who identify as Caretakers in the realm of Dom-sub relationships also have a tendency to be caretakers outside of that realm. For us, I think, it's just natural to care this much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]