Mostly vanilla or everyday life talk. Discuss careers, general life experiences, hot news, interesting information, and other topics that simply don't really relate to the Caregiver/little subject.
By babychristopher1
Hello,

Has anyone managed to find a hand knitting pattern, preferably in 4 ply for an adult sized wool soaker which is worn over either a disposable or reusable diaper?

I was taught to knit by my mother as a child, and have both hand knitted and machiene knitted jumpers in the past.

I have no idea how to convert baby sized garments into adult sizes, and I have searched for a long time online using google to no avail.

Regards,

Christopher.

Link:
Hide post links
Show post links
By MindyG
My usual technique for sizing up a pattern is to use thicker yarn and larger needles and knit as written. If it's a big jump, I'll do a gauge swatch to guesstimate if I need to also increase a repeat or cast on more stitches.

Otherwise, yes, the process of converting one size to another starts with a gauge swatch and breaking down the pattern section by section to map the adjustments to the desired size.

Rather than start with a child's soaker pattern, what about looking for patterns for adult-sized underwear or bloomers and make adjustments to it? I believe knitty.com had some of those in their archives, and you can find all sorts of things on ravelry, too.

Link:
Hide post links
Show post links

A tree house would be amazing plus they don't come[…]

I wish they made sippies and binkies that took tee[…]

Coke or Pepsi?

Water or juice. But, if I'm eating pizza or Chine[…]

I am not a strict Daddy so yes I probably give in […]