IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
By BigDaddyZane
I am a DaddyDom who has depression. I don't know how or if to tell my princess when I'm sad, she feels as if she's done something wrong. I don't know how to tell her it's just my head. Usually, I'm a very happy person except when I am depressed. Can I even take care of little when I am like this? Should I tell her when I am? If so how do I do it?
By Scotty85
If your symptoms of depression are affecting your interactions with your little, then by all means you should confide in her in whatever way you feel comfortable doing so. They should not feel as if they have done something wrong/bad in this case. I would suggest that you try to have that discussion outside of their littlespace, if they are able to come out of it, so as to have a responsible discussion from one person to another.

If that isn't possible, I would try something along the lines of "Daddy is sad sometimes, and it's nothing that you did wrong." Reassure her that if she had done something wrong that made you sad, you would tell her about it.

In taking care of yourself, though, please do reach out and consider talking to someone about your depression, especially if it's new or you haven't been treated before. That alone may be enough to help, or you may end up needing to consult with a medical provider or psychiatrist to discuss behavioral or medicinal treatment. Either way, don't go it alone. Depression usually isn't a come-and-go syndrome... it persists, and can be worse on some days and better on some days (so much so that it doesn't seem like you are depressed).
help, i have no clue what im doing :(

i made an introduction and im not sure if i did i[…]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]