IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
SFW photos of yourself, little things, artwork, writing, audio recordings, or any other creations you'd like bring to community show and tell.
Forum rules: If your face, specifically, is shown in the photo(s) then please post the image(s) in the designated Selfie Shots.
By Tru
Hey, all! I'm in the process of trying to make a dragon stuffy for myself (though, I'm making more of a mess than anything). I was wondering if any of you had any tips on how to make it look better (i.e stitching, material, etc.). I want it to last for as long as possible, but seeing as this is my first time attempting something like this, I don't hold the highest hopes.
hahah that's kind of cool you're making your own stuffie! It seems like a lot of hard work though. I'd rather just go to a store and get a super cute and cheap stuffie :3 I don't really have experience but good luck! maybe watch some youtube videos and practice a bit before attempting the stuffie. You can practice technique and stuff. Or maybe your stuffie can be a rough draft and then make another one. I'm sure the second one will be way bettter! Put some pics! It'll be cuteee!
Here are some of my tips. I like to make mine with a digital way with shapes that I print out and cut (I use inkscape, fun with other art things too). Make sure to make shapes sightly bigger so when you sew one piece and another you can flip it inside out so the stitching is on the inside and is stronger. After sewing a section, leave a decent gap to fill it be dure not to over stuff when you are done it will rip on the stitching a bit. Before filling certain spots add detail if you would like adding it later may be a bit harder.
Materials depend on how cuddly you would like it. One of the ones I've made is still in one piece I used were:
Soft n Comfy Dot Fabric (bit tricky to work with)
Rainbow thread (dual duty thread)
Button eyes (plastic over an inch)
For threading I held pieces together with pins and sew them together by going over in a circular motion. Before starting I like to get a long thread (too long will easily tangle) split in half and tie the ends together. Then when I put it in the material I loop it once and make sure it will not go through and continue. To finish the line I do the same. Good luck with future stuffies!
Are you sewing it by hand? Because if you are- kudos to you.
You could watch some tutorials on Youtube on random plushies to learn some tips and tricks for shaping and stuffing.

:heart: If you're stitching by hand use a blanket stitch (you can youtube if you don't know what that is cuz idk how to explain it)
:heart: Stuff the limbs and other external features (e.g. its snoot or tail) individually and when it's time to stuff the body try to ball up a really big amount of stuffing and stuff the torso in one go. This helps prevent the lumpy appearance.
:heart: I'd also suggest coming up with a symmetrical design so that when it comes time to sew the 2nd half you've already had practice with the first.
:heart: Additionally, if you create it in two halves you can sew them together sagittally and pop the spikey back ridge between the two halves (inside out when you're sewing it together), which will make them seamless.
Then leave the stomach unstitched to reverse it the right way out, stuff it, then fold the raw edges in and blanket stitch it shut.
:heart: ONE LAST TIP- make a little paper heart (or clay, or whatever you have available) and pop it in before stitching it up. So you can give your new lil dragon a heart :3
Date cgl site help

That does not seem to work either, I'm afraid. Alt[…]

Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]