IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
SFW photos of yourself, little things, artwork, writing, audio recordings, or any other creations you'd like bring to community show and tell.
Forum rules: If your face, specifically, is shown in the photo(s) then please post the image(s) in the designated Selfie Shots.
So last night, I tried my hand and making myself a onesie/playsuit, it was my first time trying to make something like this and I even crafted a pattern for it, which was also a bit of a new experience for me. So I would like to show how it turned out. I will say... there are some issues with it but I am trying not to beat myself up about it because it was my first time. I will share the pics but then explain the few issues there are.

Material is a flannel, which I feel had it's own issues as it doesn't have any stretch.

So tell me what you think. Keep in mind this was my first time.

Now onto the issues. There are 3 main issues; the first being that when putting on the sleeve bits, some of the main fabric didn't get caught in between the sleeve bits and the needle, so I ended up having to go around the sleeves 3 times while pulling the fabric around to the inside, which means there are some raw edges exposed on the inside of the playsuit/onesie.
The next issue is the collar, it wasn't quite laid flat on my collar line so I ended up running a couple of darts to pull the collar where i wanted it. That worked but there is now a bit of extra sew lines on the collar that could have been avoided if I planned for that.
Now.... FOR THE BIGGEST WORST ISSUE OF ALL! It is not quite long enough from shoulder to bum and so one of the three snaps is not great at staying snapped because of the tension on the fabric. The worst of this issue is that, as it is comfy to wear during the day (still with the snap issue), it is not great for sleeping in, because of the tightness, top - to - bottom, I couldn't lay in bed the way I am most comfy at laying cause the fabric tugs on my shoulders keeping me from putting my arm under my head, the way I find most comfy to sleep.
So let me know what you think. I will probably cut another one later with more length top - to - bottom and see if that fixes the biggest issue. But as it stands I need to get more fabric with a more feminine print, which is the kind i much prefer. So look forward to that in the future, no exact time as money is always tight, but I will share when it happens.

Well that is that, hope you like it and I will see you kiddies later.

BriannaD
By Deleted User 56146
Wow your onesies is super cuteeee! :yay: reading this makes me wanna make my own tooo (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
Even though your onesies had issues you can learn from that so plz don’t bring yourself down about it, it’s okie to make mistakes!!
(⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚.*・。゚.*・。゚ 💜˞ฅ(ᐤˊ꒳ฅˋᐤ♪)
:craze: :splode: :heart:

It's BEAUTIFUL and your next Onsies are going to be SOOOOO AMAZING! I can't believe i never thought of this, its inspiring and a real game changer. theres only so many onesie designs out there right now, and its great to have something so personal :heart: :heart: :heart:
:heart: :heart: It's CWUTE
I thinkin of making my own too. Gonna get a sewing machine fiwst dow. I can do it by hand too, but if I want it done properly, it'll take a lot of time.

Gottaa find a 'how to make onsies' video fiwst dow. :-?: :read: :splode:
Advice on being little

Your little side is always with you! I know it's […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I'm not a con person in general but I've always wo[…]

Potty training potties

Hey, 🌸Thank you for letting me be here. I found th[…]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]

Lost Little

Hii :hi: :hi: :hi: Congratulations on discover[…]